FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Toy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Toy
    Posted: 11 April 2013 at 6:15pm
My new 13 Honda CRF-250L arrived today and is now safely in the garage. It is a 'dual-purpose' bike based off the actual CRF-250 motocrosser. Rode it in the 'snow' on the dealer lot, for a 250 she is a lot more powerfull than I thought. Good low end power for the dirt, and a 6 speed tranny for road trips. These bikes are rare dealer got mine in and one other, maybe more by early June.

Still planning on doing 'endurocross' with this, after a few 'tweeks'.

Grandson's 13 CRF50F is still backordered. He is soon to be 6, and grandpa will again be MX racing by proxy. He is all excited about riding 'grandpa's' track and getting out there. He is doing grat on his peddle BMX'rt so the transition will not be difficult. Tune it down to start and add power as he gets better.

We are going to our first of the year MX sunday(to watch) if these wimps in Nebraska are not afraid of mud...which they tend to be.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2013 at 8:30pm
Nice.  Been wanting a dual-sport bike myself for a while now.  Enjoy it!
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2013 at 11:19pm
Already shopping for aftermarket parts. FMF pipe 1st order of bussiness, a more compact tail light assembly, bash plate under motor, dealer already put a 250lb suspention set on it for me. Best part is all lighting is modular and easy to remove, just unplug and unbolt, so trail riding and endurance 'racing' (bad word according to momma)should be OK. Can't wait to get grandson out there with me at Abbott MX park.

Back in the 'pre crash' era of my late MX career 2011 on my CRF450

Got a 1st in a 40+ race and a 3rd in a Vet A race that year. Memories, I ain't never gettin old.

Saturday update, did a few more laps in dryer conditions with this. For a de-tuned motor I am impressed, a little 'lag' when you roll on throttle in low rpms, then whoooom she hits and off I go, just gotta keep rpms up there. Bike is in breakin mode, so no real trashin the track, but jeeze I am going to hurt myself on this even before I tweek it. Does not have the front end 'wash' my 450 had, tap front brake, get front wheel to bite on a tught turn, roll on power and sweeping through turns even better than my old 450 and a hell of a lot better than that XR650 I had.

Really bummed the local MX track postponed tomorrows racing "to wet" Nebraska motocross 'wimps'. No was not racing just watching, but got the motor running..................

Edited by oldsoldier - 13 April 2013 at 12:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic