FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fun day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fun day
    Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:08pm
Wrong.

He should have nuked it from orbit . . .

. . . it's the only way to be sure.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

The baby was easier to dispatch.

I hoped you used an AR, you know.... because that's all they're good for.....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:58am
I waxed a porcupine in a similar fashion one evening, and went back in the morning to scoop it up and pitch it into the woods....only to find that a freakin baby had crawled up to it during the night.

If you know anything about porcupines, you know that they chew brake lines, power steering lines, and cause much damage if they're given the chance.

The baby was easier to dispatch.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:43am
I went bow hunting with my dad probably around 15 years ago now.  While my dad and I were hanging out in a giant oak tree, we heard some noise in the corn field that was about 25-30 yards away.  My dad started to get ready, nocked an arrow, and then about 20 wild turkeys burst out of the corn field and flew up into the trees all around us.  It was my first time seeing a wild turkey, which I had no idea could fly.  It was probably the creepiest thing that's ever happened too because they all just sat up in the trees until we left.  
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 9:36am
You should post pics of the pet turkeys, I'd be curious to see how close they actually get to your house.

I've also never seen them hanging in trees either.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:46am
Momma and I were clearing out near the barn last night (sun PM), a serious something 'dead' smell on the outside. Momma pulled a tarp off the ground and a huge racoon was laying there, still breathing and now hissing but did not move. I do not have a .22 and did not want to 'overkill' and went and got my comp .177 1200fps pellet rifle. Using 'hollow points' that work on smaller critters, put three right in the 'brain housing group' at close range, it would not die, still breathing, still hissing. Momma went in to get the 1911 and I stood watch to make sure the critter did not get motivated some how and move to some under the barn stink for a long while spot. Put three more .177HP's in chest, finally stopped breathing.

Wow that was on tough old boy, he was old and pretty heavy when we buried it, just felt sorry for him that instead of putting it out i=of its misery quickly just more pain and suffering inflicted. Got to find a .22 here soon.

On another note one of the neighbor kids wanted to 'hunt' for his first turkey early sun AM. Told him go ahead, he was all dolled up in his hunting clothes on our back porch, and the 7 turkeys were no more than 25 feet away. Pointed to the biggest one, told him seperate him from the others and have at it. Took him awhile and at about 20ft he let go with his 20ga. And only winged it, the big Tom was flappin aroubnd and he was going to shoot it again from real close. Stopped him, told him and showed him how to grab the legs to avoit the spur and the rear talon, and had him do it as he took the butt of his shotgun and broke its neck. The grin of accomplishment was something to see. His first turkey, and one less 'crapper' sitting in the high trees bombing the cars and trucks in out driveway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic