FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"the will of Allah" Shooter yells Easter Sunday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

My guess would be bigot.

I think the thought process would have to be "He's brown, so he must be Muslim. If he's Muslim, he must be violent. Ipso facto: brown is violent" to be racist.

For some reason I read that as "brown is violet" and it made no sense what-so-ever.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by FE FE wrote:

But, why bother with viewpoints when you can just paint someone as whatever and then attack them...

/insert random quote of FE calling someone a liberal

These arguments always go the same way-a couple of people flame FE and FE chooses to respond to them instead of the actual replies to his point. That's why nobody chooses to join these discussions any more, it just turns into "everyone's mean here" and a complete avoidance of intellectual conversation.

/back to Bioshock
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Wow, this thread escalated quickly.

Seriously, some of you guys are the reason this forum stinks now... You can't have a decent conversation without insulting anyone that MIGHT have a different viewpoint than you. You don't wait and see what the other persons viewpoint is... you just go on the attack right away insulting the other person and "inventing" their viewpoint as it MUST be in your mind... or something. 

It is quite sad, and a good example of what is wrong with out culture today. Everyone wants to label everyone else and put them into a "group" instead of realizing our life experiences make us who we are, and our experiences in life shape our viewpoints. No respect to hear what others think, just make some generalizations and go on the attack.

But, why bother with viewpoints when you can just paint someone as whatever and then attack them...

All you really want is groupthink. 

I saw a current event, that I thought might be interesting to see how it played out in the national narrative, and instead of talking about that, some of you went right to the attack card...

Don't wonder why the forum is stale, some of you have killed it with your intolerance and hate. 

Jesus. 
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 5:52pm
persecution complex is a term given to an array of psychologically complex behaviours, that specifically deals with the perception of being persecuted, for various possible reasons, imagined or real.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by FE FE wrote:

/insert random quote of FE calling someone a liberal

These arguments always go the same way-a couple of people flame FE and FE chooses to respond to them instead of the actual replies to his point. That's why nobody chooses to join these discussions any more, it just turns into "everyone's mean here" and a complete avoidance of intellectual conversation.

/back to Bioshock
Good God, this.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 9:46pm
I still think someone should have shot him.

And yeah, I know I avoid these hate speech topics. Having lived in the ME I quite enjoy some of the Islamic aspects of life. I also happen to think there are plenty of rotten appels of white, black, brown, pink, green, yellow and rainbow hue'd people to know a certain skin colour does not make someone bad.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic