FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"the will of Allah" Shooter yells Easter Sunday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "the will of Allah" Shooter yells Easter Sunday
    Posted: 01 April 2013 at 9:37am
Did you see this on the news?

Wonder if this will be labeled a hate crime?...

They tremble at my name...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Did you see this on the news?

Wonder if this will be labeled a hate crime?...

A good question.  I am curious to see how this plays out.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:34am
Why would it be labled a hate crime?  There is no evidence to suggest it was. 
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:44am
Someone should have shot him.

Just saying.......

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Why would it be labled a hate crime?  There is no evidence to suggest it was. 

Because every time a person who may or not be white is in any way harmed by someone who may or may not be a minority it's our American duty to bring up the fact that the hate crime laws are unfair to whites.

Silly goose.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 12:29pm
Sarcasm detected.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 12:58pm
I sent the story to Drudge this morning... it is now on the front page with the same headline! 

http://www.drudgereport.com/

The problem is, that the suspect clearly did this as he was taught in his Muslim teachings, that Christians are bad, and should be killed as that is the will of Allah. 

As found here

"Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."  "People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews.  According to this verse, they are to be violently subjugated, with the sole justification being their religious status.  This was one of the final "revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the next 100 years.  Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/023-violence.htm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 1:18pm
So dude murders his own son, screams and rants for a while, but doesn't attack anyone else and is cooperative once subdued.

I'm going to lean more on the side that this guy is crazy as a causal factor, moreso than it being religiously motivated The vast majority of the Muslims I've met, including in Afghanistan, are essentially just like you or I and have no interest in visiting harm upon others. Most people are good people, regardless of what flavour of religious belief they may have,

But let's not let this detract from your Islamophobic agenda.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 1:33pm
As usual, bri takes a radical stance and twists my words inventing his view of my intent.  Shocking... 

The son killed the father btw. 

Check the sons facebook, "interesting" pictures for sure...

Lots of people are good, decent people, but there are also lots of evil people in the world, and there is a LARGE group of Muslims that want to do harm to you and me because of our and the teachings of their religion. Why else would killing bin ladin have been such a big deal?

Course, it is more fun to throw out "phobic" generalizations, huh! Usuchatrollbri...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 1:44pm
You really think all Muslims believe that?  Did you even read the story, or did you see "Allah" and "church" and decide that was enough?  It was a kid, with a long and violent criminal record including drugs, kidnapping, and felony assault (obviously not that devout of a Muslim if he was breaking all sorts of laws), who shot his dad and no one else.  If it was a Muslim trying to attack Christians, why stop at just one?  Why pick a church?  Why not shoot people who aren't even "People of the Book"?  All the evidence that we know now points to this being a disturbed individual getting back at his dad for something.  

Edit:  As usual, FE gets called out and backpedals frantically.  

Edited by evillepaintball - 01 April 2013 at 1:47pm
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 3:25pm
Yeah Christianity doesn't go and tell others to not believe in others faith, or to try and convert them either:

Ephesians 2:8 ESV 

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Matthew 10:14-42 ESV 

And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town. “Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues, and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles. 

2 Timothy 3:16 ESV 

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Mark 16:16 ESV 

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

2 Peter 1:21 ESV 

For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

James 1:5 ESV 

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

Malachi 4:6 ESV 

And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

1 John 2:1-29 ESV 

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: ...

Proverbs 20:1 ESV 

Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

2 Peter 3:16 ESV

As he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

Acts 2:38 ESV 

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

John 8:44 ESV 

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

James 1:1-27 ESV 

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ...

2 Thessalonians 1:1-12 ESV 

Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. Therefore we ourselves boast about you in the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith in all your persecutions and in the afflictions that you are enduring. This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— ..

Exodus 20:3-6 ESV

“You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Luke 24:1-53 ESV

But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? ...

Luke 23:1-56 ESV 

Then the whole company of them arose and brought him before Pilate. And they began to accuse him, saying, “We found this man misleading our nation and forbidding us to give tribute to Caesar, and saying that he himself is Christ, a king.” And Pilate asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” And he answered him, “You have said so.” Then Pilate said to the chief priests and the crowds, “I find no guilt in this man.” But they were urgent, saying, “He stirs up the people, teaching throughout all Judea, from Galilee even to this place.” ...

Matthew 24:36 ESV 

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

Matthew 23:1-39 ESV

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, so practice and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do. For they preach, but do not practice. They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, ...

Matthew 5:28 ESV 

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lu**edited**l intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5:1-48 ESV 

Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. ...

Genesis 1:1-31 ESV 

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...

2 John 1:9 ESV

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

Acts 9:1-43 ESV

But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. ...

John 8:24 ESV

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Deuteronomy 22:5 ESV 

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Go discriminate and hate monger elsewhere F.E. - People on this forum are also of Islamic faith, and your ignorant statements aren't wanted.

Edited by *Stealth* - 01 April 2013 at 3:31pm
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 3:44pm
FE, I think the problem that I have with the whole thing is that a dude runs into a church to kill his father and what you find newsworthy / disturbing is that he yelled out religious nonsense before he did it.

It's a frustrating trend that's getting huge on the interwebz...take for instance this DA and his wife that were killed in Kaufmann county not too far from where I live. This is kind of a big deal around here, that's a relatively country-fied area of the world and so far a prosecutor and a DA have been killed in less than a year. 

The general rumor floating around last I heard (I really never listen to local news) is that there may be some kind of Aryan brotherhood involvement. That's perfectly reasonable since about the whole hardened crime you see in my region of the world is going to involve meth.

However, since it was reported on Drudge all the right wing internet detectives are going on and on about drug cartels, Obama, how the Aryan brotherhood is being picked on because they're white, how Christians and whites are being oppressed, blah blah blah

It's just becoming silly. Not everything points to radical islam, vast left wing media conspiracies, and Obama.

As far as a large groups of Muslims wanting to do us harm, of course there are. Nobody would deny that, and if they did they're absolutely blind. But then again, there are probably larger groups of godless pinko commies like North Korea or Russia that would absolutely pay someone to nuke us into oblivion for them if they thought they could get away with it. 

The US has a long history of picking a single group and painting them as the enemy of the day. If you really think about it, as far as our history books are concerned, the ebb and tide of history has completely revolved around who were fighting at the moment. 
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 5:46pm
Regardless of race, I don't think just saying that would qualify it as a hate crime under NC laws. It was the shooter's belief, not the victims, that was the driving force.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 6:59pm
Sounds like more of a domestic issue than a hate crime.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 9:09pm
Does assuming the majority of a religion are violent murderers make you a racist, or a bigot? Which would the correct term be? Probably bigot?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:19pm
My guess would be bigot.

I think the thought process would have to be "He's brown, so he must be Muslim. If he's Muslim, he must be violent. Ipso facto: brown is violent" to be racist.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

As usual, bri takes a radical stance and twists my words inventing his view of my intent.  Shocking... 

The son killed the father btw. 

Check the sons facebook, "interesting" pictures for sure...

Lots of people are good, decent people, but there are also lots of evil people in the world, and there is a LARGE group of Muslims that want to do harm to you and me because of our and the teachings of their religion. Why else would killing bin ladin have been such a big deal?

Course, it is more fun to throw out "phobic" generalizations, huh! Usuchatrollbri...

Oh yeah, I'm so 'radical' with my 'most Muslims are just like us and are good people' and 'most Muslims don't have any desire to harm much less kill us' and 'most of the Muslims I've met were downright decent' and 'in one of the worst, most violent countries in the world, everything I just said remained true'. I'm such a radical rascal. 

Fun fact- I have never denied there are some Muslims who actually do wish us harm; those are the ones who WERE trying to kill me, and I was very much aware of their existence, I assure you. I am also fully cognizant that radicalization exists within our own borders- just today two Canadians were revealed to have blown themselves up in Algeria. I've even been on the record in a campus newspaper interview admitting exactly this; that there are some within our own society that wish us ill. 

All that notwithstanding, I stand by what I said- many instances of radical violence with an apparent surface motivation of some sort of ideological grounds end up mostly boiling down to someone just being nuttier than squirrel crap, or alternatively truly desperate/disenfranchized and brainwashed as a result. In the case of this crime, I'll lean towards the former.

If you don't want to be accurately called out as an Islamophobe - because yes, you do appear literally afraid of Muslims in a rather general sense, beyond the normal hatred/contempt displayed towards them - then keep your mouth shut with the inane blather you insist on spewing to spread that contempt. Your ability to quote passages that represnet the views of an extremely small minority are of no greater relevance than if I were to try to accuse you of being on side with stoning adulterers, excluding menstruating women from society, marrying rape victims after paying a small dowry to their father/owner, and holding large harems of concubines. See how fun it gets when you start getting overly picky about what can be found in religious texts and trying to generalize based off of it?
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 8:42am
Wow, this thread escalated quickly.

Seriously, some of you guys are the reason this forum stinks now... You can't have a decent conversation without insulting anyone that MIGHT have a different viewpoint than you. You don't wait and see what the other persons viewpoint is... you just go on the attack right away insulting the other person and "inventing" their viewpoint as it MUST be in your mind... or something. 

It is quite sad, and a good example of what is wrong with out culture today. Everyone wants to label everyone else and put them into a "group" instead of realizing our life experiences make us who we are, and our experiences in life shape our viewpoints. No respect to hear what others think, just make some generalizations and go on the attack.

But, why bother with viewpoints when you can just paint someone as whatever and then attack them...

All you really want is groupthink. 

I saw a current event, that I thought might be interesting to see how it played out in the national narrative, and instead of talking about that, some of you went right to the attack card...

Don't wonder why the forum is stale, some of you have killed it with your intolerance and hate. 

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 10:44am
Pfft, nonsense. You tried to snow us with a classic bait and switch. 'Oh, hey, here, what do you guys think?' followed not even four hours later by a nicely selected bunch of quotations from what I can only guess is one of your preferred anti-Islam sites.

On the contrary to what you think is the case, we tend to have rather good conversations most of the time with most of each other on most topics. It is neither an 'attack' nor an 'invention', however, to call a spade a spade when you show up with an agenda to push. We've *seen* your viewpoint over and over. We hardly need wait with bated breath to see if your views on Islam have changed- nope, predictable as the sunrise, there came the same old nonsense.

Of course, as soon as I turn that around and point out that your Christian bible is also full of incest, murder, rape, genocide, and sundry atrocity, suddenly it's an 'attack' to attempt to portray scripture in a literal manner. I think that actually makes you a hypocrite.

Quote instead of realizing our life experiences make us who we are, and our experiences in life shape our viewpoints.

You mean like when I brought up my extensive experiences with Muslims and you won't even come close to engaging the subject? Cute.

I'm genuinely curious whether you think we're actually as stupid as you'd like to think, or if you simply think you're actually that special. In any case, so long as you contribute to the broad-brush painting of 'others' as 'bad=wrong', you can expect to get called on your bigotry. If you call that 'a good example of what is wrong with our culture today', then I'm pleased to be pricking your little bubble of sheltered comfort.

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 11:00am
To be honest mate with the exception of a few digs they are mostly addressing specific points that you made. 

You mentioned this may be a hate crime. People gave their opinion that that probably won't/shouldn't come into it as it doesn't fit the bill for a hate crime.

You quoted the Qur'an with the intention of showing that intolerance and violence is encouraged in the text. Stealth replied with the retort that I'm positive 90% of the people reading the post came up with and quoted similar nonsense in The book of Jeebus. I was a bawhair away from replying to you in a very similar fashion but decided I couldn't be arsed. 

You took this thread on a wayward direction yourself. In a story of a man being killed you took what I consider to be a minor detail given the context and decided to make blanket statements about a class of people based on your interpretation of their religious beliefs. 

Yes some replies are "passionate" but then that's what a discussion is about. If you present your opinions to a discussion forum then it is fair that you get reply's disagreeing with them. How you handle this and try to defend your views (as you are required to do if you want people to see it from your perspective) sets the tone of the thread. This forum actually taught me a jobby-tonne about critical arguments and how to form a belief and how to effectively defend it. It's not the forums fault bud.

I genuinely like how active you are in what you think and your politics. I just haven't been able to get at any depth into your ways as any attempt to probe or point out where we disagree is met with your toys flying out of the pram and your fingers going in your ears. Unfortunately you've gotten yourself a rep for disregarding opposing views and just shouting louder about stuff so you no longer get the benefit of the doubt. 

C'mon mate, play the game eh?
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic