FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 trigger upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 trigger upgrade
    Posted: 27 March 2013 at 7:49pm
I used to prefer the r/t, however, I no longer have a preference as they both serve their purpose well.

If I was forced at gunpoint to make a decision I would choose Megan Fox.

Oh wait, sorry . . . wrong discussion.

I would probably say that I still prefer the r/t slightly just because they tend to be less expensive and many e-grips/e-triggers don't come from the factory with true full-auto.
Back In View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Back In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:01pm
Thank you.
Another question. Which do you prefer and why?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 9:22am
The e-grip and response trigger (R/T) are mutually incompatible.

Comparison:

E-grip is battery operated and comes with multiple firing modes depending upon the board used.  On most e-grips the rate of fire can also be programmed.  (I.e. balls per second or bps.)

The R/T works off of the same air that is used to fire the marker and resets the trigger faster allowing a higher rate of fire.  While the R/T is technically a semi-automatic firing mechanism, properly tuned it can provide full-auto rates of fire indistinguishable from a true full-auto.  You can easily fire single shots with the R/T by just learning to do quick taps of the trigger.
Back In View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Back In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2013 at 4:18pm
So I have been out of the game for about 10 years now and have decided to start playing again. I was looking around for Markers and was happy to find that Tippman is still in the top position for field play. I have never owned a Tippman before because I used to play speed ball only. I am trying to figure a few things out if you guys can help me. I am currently in the process of buying an A-5 with a response trigger. I like the Full auto option. If I buy an e-grip, will that work with a response trigger and will it allow me to go to Semi and Auto? Does the E-trigger have an Auto option already incorporated in it? I know it sounds dumb.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic