FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Voltz > Tekkit (Minecraft Thread)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voltz > Tekkit (Minecraft Thread)
    Posted: 19 March 2013 at 8:57pm
So Technic has undergone some major changes. Since Minecraft changed the way it ran, meaning that SP now runs an internal server on your machine, so it should works identically to SMP.

I have spoken about Tekkit before. Now Tekkit just uses a launcher to cycle through different modpacks, and I have been trying a few out.

Tekkit classic is oldschool tekkit, using the mods from the previous version.
Tekkit Lite is from the old Technic pack, minus Equivelant Exchange and Thaumcraft, since the mod creators have not given permission for distribution.
Yogbox is the same mods used by the Yogcast youtube channel.
I'm unfamiliar with Hack/Mine at the moment.

However the Modpack of which I wish to speak to you about today is the Voltz mod. It uses a variety of mods that enable the generation of electricity, creation of machines, and everything from a fusion reactor to a particle accelerator. One aspect of the pack deals a lot with wartime mods. Including grenades, ICBM's, nuke, antimatter, sonic weapons, Power Armor (almost spelled with with a U) complete with plasma rifle.

I propose someone gets their hands on a server, and we build ourselves a Red vs Blue PVP server!!

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 11:13pm
The Yogscast is great. If I knew how to use the mod, I would try to get a red matter explosive and just destroy the place.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 11:39pm
I am interested in a PvP server of sorts.  I haven't played Voltz, and Tekkit has been a while for me.  
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 3:45am
Yes, whatever that is
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 7:33pm
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 1:56pm
That has come a long way from digging holes and running from creepers...
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic