Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So this mess is happening close to home.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So this mess is happening close to home.
    Posted: 19 March 2013 at 4:58pm
Someone on my local gun forum got into a mess with DYFS because his wife posted a pic on Facebook of his kid holding a 22 AR.

Link: www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/dad-this-picture-of-my-son-holding-a-gun-triggered-a-visit-from-nj-police-family-services/
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 8:18am
Yeah, heard all about that. Second illegal attempt to search and seize in NJ this week.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 1:08pm
Yeah the kid passed hunter's education and everything. I guess the evil plastic parts make that .22 too dangerous for a child to hold.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 2:16pm
Yeah, it made it onto Fox this morning and he's having more interviews. The NRA is coming into this as well.

It's kinda funny, because he started posting everything while the police were still there.
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 3:09pm
this makes me laugh just thinking about all the pictures of me holding firing and cleaning guns much higer caliber than a .22 when i was that age, and how many of my family members would end up arrested in a situation like this.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by stolen from Reb's FB page stolen from Reb's FB page wrote:

At a time when all of us are finding ourselves doing more with less, a reminder about a resource available from New York State that can assist you in your efforts to solve cases, prevent crime and better serve and protect your communities.

The state has established a toll-free tip line – 1-855-GUNSNYS (1-855- 486-7697) to encourage residents to report illegal firearm possession. The tip line also allows for information to be submitted via text – individuals can text GUNTIP and their message to CRIMES (274637). While the state will provide the administrative support and fund the rewards, the investigation and validity of the tip will be up to each local department.

To spread the word about this free resource, New York State is planning a comprehensive campaign, including public service announcements that will air on television and radio stations across Upstate.

The tip line can provide your agencies with another avenue for receiving intelligence about crimes being committed in your jurisdictions. This initiative is designed for communities where no tip lines are in place and is not meant to replace existing gun tip lines.

Here’s how the tip line operates:

The New York State Police staff the tip line 24 hours a day. Upon receiving a call, troopers will solicit as much information as possible regarding a firearm tip, while allowing the individual to remain anonymous. The caller will be informed that this program is not the traditional gun buyback program but rather is focused on identifying individuals who are carrying an illegal firearm.

The State Police will in turn contact the appropriate police agency with the lead to initiate an investigation. Staff from the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) will follow up with that agency to determine the validity of the lead. Once the investigation is completed, the police agency would convey to DCJS the outcome of the investigation.

If the information leads to an arrest for the illegal possession of a firearm, the “tipster” will be awarded $500. DCJS staff will handle all of the financial transactions.

State Police staff will explain the program in its entirety upon notifying an agency that a lead has been generated for their jurisdiction. If you have any questions in the interim, please contact DCJS Deputy Commissioner Tony Perez in the Office of Public Safety at 518-485-7610.

Janine Kava
Director of Public Information
New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
(518) 457-8906 - work
(518) 485-7715 - fax
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 5:01pm
^^^

Big Brother (and your family, neighbors, baby sitter, disgruntled girlfriend/boyfriend and your hamster) are watching you.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 7:13pm
Sounds like things are getting intense.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 9:12pm
lol New Jersey
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 1:52am
Even to me this is hilarious. 11 really isn't surprising in a ton of the states for knowing your way around a gun. Heck I mean paintball is allowed at what, age 8? It's not like they don't understand or something. I'm surprised nobody has said anything about his good trigger discipline yet.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 11:15am
It's amazing we allow parents to let their children handle weapons, even in direct supervision. I would like to see stricter laws, prohibiting minors from even touching firearms, let alone shoot them. It's obvious we cannot trust adults to manage their children's lives. We need laws in place to protect children, from terrible parenting.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 4:36pm
What I want to know, is if the media reported how the officers were armed and how much ammo they each had.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 4:06pm
^^^ I ♥ you Mack.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:38pm
I have decided my google-fu is weak.

I have been monitoring this story and so far am unable to find the outrage of the mainstream media.  Given that there are accusations of state employees exceeding the authority of their office and using their authority to make threats against a law-abiding citizen while refusing to even identify themselves . . . all while in the process of apparently trampling the aforementioned citizens constitutional rights one would think the press would be all over this.  However, I haven't found anything other than the barest blurbs in what would be considered the main stream media.  It amazes me that the same fourth estate that helped end a war and bring down a President as well as thoroughly investigating exactly how many rounds of what type any potential wrong-doer with a firearm possesses was apparently stymied in the investigation of just who these rogue state government employees were by the fact that the agency won't return their phone calls.

/rant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic