Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

low pressure reg on an A5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CapitalG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapitalG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: low pressure reg on an A5
    Posted: 19 March 2013 at 4:36pm
im a newb and just started this great sport.

i bought a tippman a5 4 months ago.

recently bought a barrel and double trigger.

now i want to upgrade the tank to air. the one im looking at a carbon fiber one that has a low pressure regulator. i was told that some guns like it some hate it..... any info on a low pressure reg for my a5?

thanks in advance guys :)

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 4:39pm
Most low pressure regulators don't provide sufficient operating pressure for mechanical Tippmanns.
CapitalG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapitalG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 4:51pm
could you define mechanical for me? sorry, im really new to this.

its just a stock a5. only added is a barrel and double trigger.
Parts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:49pm
The A5 uses pressure to operate both the gun and the cyclone feed.  If you reduce the pressure these do not work as well.  The cyclone could stop operating.  Normally going low pressure would also require increasing volume so that the same amount of energy is used to operate the mechanics.  While the Cyclone can have increase volume with different (larger) fittings and hoses, this is normally done to use an RT at the same time. 
Low pressure on an A5 just isn't a good idea.
Tech at TippmannParts.com
We do everything Tippmann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic