Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Salvo, need help with camo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bunny87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Salvo, need help with camo
    Posted: 18 March 2013 at 1:23am
It's up to you if you want to sand it first or not.. helps if you do but the important part is wipe it down with alcohol and finish it with some krylon flat clear coats.. I did 4 layers on mine and then bake it in the oven at 350 degree for 5 min and let it sit over night.. some do it at 170 for 2 hours.

However if you can't oven it then use a good space heater and let it sit in front of it over night and give it some time to cool down. Space heater work really good for plastic parts.( Dont oven plastic)

If you don't clear coat and heat treat it the paint will get all sticky and nasty with sweaty hands.

This will help it  bond and prevent it from coming off with sweaty hand and oil from the paintball. At least it last longer depend on condition. I did it to mine and so far not one single chip. I did sand most of it but some part I didn't .Both are holding up good.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 10:05pm
Moved to correct forum.  Rules for gallery are "no pic, no post."
SalvoFiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalvoFiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 9:57pm
I have my salvo painted a woodland themed camo that i did myself and i was very happy with it...took about an hour to do different coats...i can post a pic
rorymeyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorymeyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 4:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic