FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Texas Forumers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas Forumers
    Posted: 13 March 2013 at 9:59pm
That amp has one of the reverb tanks on any amp ever made.  My buddy had one, I like my roland space echo  - more for delay than reverb- and when I tried this amp, I never used the reverb again. And a great price too..someone get it.
CHiKUN PiMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proudly picking on priests since 800 AD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Wow I was medicated as hell when I typed that (psych meds and benadryl are aweird combo lol)

That of course was supposed to be followed by "dumbles are 50K so a super reverb is as close as you get"

Leaving that made my post look douchey as hell haha

Nah, you didn't come off douchey. Word to the wise though- too much regular use of that benadryll can give you a bit of the restless leg syndrome if you use too much of it. On that note if you need something for sleep I used to have good luck with melatonin and valerian root which're pretty effectively calming herbs and readily available. But if it's an allergy thing then I figure the benadryll'd be your best bet...
But what do I know? Taking advice from some crazyarse on the internet is generally not the safest route and you should always get with a doctor before throwing new substances in your body... Dr. Luis Hine at Austin Regional clinic is a good guy if you want a reference for a good doc(he takes a pretty conservative approach and is generally a nice guy).

/off topic

Edited by CHiKUN PiMP - 13 March 2013 at 9:28pm
www.TexasPumpAndPistolGame.com
www.pettyPb.com

MCB:Chickun
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 7:23am
Hmmm. Yeah, I won't be able to run that far any time soon. I'll have to let that one slip...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 3:56am
Wow I was medicated as hell when I typed that (psych meds and benadryl are aweird combo lol)

That of course was supposed to be followed by "dumbles are 50K so a super reverb is as close as you get"

Leaving that made my post look douchey as hell haha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 1:15am
Oh, thanks for the info. I used to play a bit(but being that we're both Austinites that should come as no surprise) but have since forgotten everything. Thinking of picking up an instrument though as I've found poetry, art, and writing music to be a great stress reliever these days. Anyone play harmonica?
www.pettyPb.com

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 12:10am
Hmmm he went up

Still, if it's in as good of shape as he says, that's a really sweet.

Chikun-A couple of reasons. For one, Fender repro amps like my ex 65 Twin aremade in Mexico with inferior electronics. Vintage Fender amps are an art-the sound is much better and warmer than new.

Also, that particular amp will get you as close to SRV's actual tone as you can get this side of a Dumble.

Of course
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 9:44pm
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/msg/3627588676.html

here ya go bro
www.pettyPb.com

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 9:43pm
I gots me a bonus check. Link me, foo.

Edited by DeTrevni - 12 March 2013 at 9:43pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 9:15pm
Call me a music nub, but for what reason would someone want that over a new amp?
www.pettyPb.com

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 5:54am
There's a 1966 Super Reverb on Dallas Craigslist for 1200 bucks. Someone buy it pleeeeaaassse.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic