FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

March inhales deeply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: March inhales deeply
    Posted: 10 March 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by clownshooter clownshooter wrote:

Reb Cpl, are you still doing reenactments?

Unfortunately, no. I'm on hiatus.

I've rebuilt most of my kit from having lost it in the flooding, except for the rifle. Besides that my schedule with the academy, work, and the kids, I'm being kept off the field. I'm even going to miss Gettysburg's 150th this year because of the police academy.

I plan on getting back into it, but its one of those things that just doesn't fit right now.

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 9:31am
We're at that awkward time of the year when it oscillates back and forth between winter and spring for a couple of weeks.  
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 9:18am
9 Mar nice day 60*, today SNOWING and high winds.....gotta love it.
clownshooter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Checking your underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 6:35pm
Reb Cpl, are you still doing reenactments?
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 8:36am
Father, son and I went to a model train and toy show last weekend, Dad's in the process of rebuilding his HO layout. We hit a golden find, 5 minutes into the show.

He used to have an old west village under out Christmas tree every year, and has managed to find all the buildings again except the station. First table we visited had it sitting there, for $8. He got a new locomotive ( I don't remember which one) and a bunch of new track.

I think though, my son had an even better time. Old people see a 4 year old in an engineer hat, and they just kept giving him free crap. Calendars, toy cars...the kid had a bag of free swag (that I got to carry) by the time we left.

As for winter time....We're getting slammed with snow now. I didn't know we were supposed to get this much. In fact, I thought we were done last night when I got home from work. I woke up this morning to a nice fresh few inches and a steady downfall still happening. Its probably not enough to cancel class tonight, but I'm going to call out and not go if I can't get dug out and comfortable with the road conditions on the mountain.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 5:15am
Is such as tease. One day we have temps in the 60's, next day 20's, so we alternate between deep mud, and frozen mud on the County road to get to house.

Yesterday was a great day, cleaned kennels, made momma's duck 'pond', cleaned and polished the Harley, dogs laying out in the sun, sitting onn porch relaxing in the sun, coffee in hand, and now again freezing rain or snow predicted for tonight.

Just getting tired of the weather, need spring so I can get out of the house. Was planning on picking up a new Honda CRF250L Dual-Purpose http://powersports.honda.com/2013/crf250l/street.aspx this weekend, but now we will be having a mud fest/cold snap so postponed a little more. Momma so far is a go on that, and knowing momma that may change, before the fact...LoL

Model Rail coming along fine, almost got the DCC system intalled. Putting those little circuit boards in the engines with my eyesight is 'fun' to say the least. Layout complete, now all the wiring and drilling, fun stuff. When done will have 10 trains running at one time.
The big BNSF 'coal' train has 35 coal cars, with more to come, two pullers, one pusher, and she barely makes the one long grade climb. Plannin on a 50 car train on thaqt one, 1/2 the size of a real one. The big UP mixed freight same problem with length and climbs. The two smaller eastern D&H mixed freights are anolog due to age of power units where too old for DCC install 'whine' all the time to to the high freq of the DCC system. They run as 'code'000 on DCC control, so no real issue other than the sound. And of course my two AMTRAK's are always 'late', and in the way of the freights. http://www.katousa.com/

Got my R/C Albatross DIII almost up and ready, great deal, plane and a binded R/C control unit for less than $300. So far only 'taxi' tests winds still too high to fly, don't want a repeat of my scratch built Fe2B rolling uncontrolable and crashing, totaled. Getting the SE-5 Going to try R/C off road vehicles on the 'track' a little later in summer. http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ5980
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ5580

The big B-17 is a late summer plan. http://www.bananahobby.com/6-ch-freewing-fuddy-duddy-oversize-b-17-bomber-rc-warbird-airplane-arf.html

Just getting impatient I guess.

Edited by oldsoldier - 08 March 2013 at 5:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic