FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So The Bible movie...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So The Bible movie...
    Posted: 05 March 2013 at 6:05pm
My mom was catching it on Lifetime (there's your first warning...) while I was over there.

So there's a scene where angels dressed like gladiators go through Sodom killing homosexuals. At one point one of them sees a crowd of then running at him, dramatically pulls out two swords from his back and goes all Russell Crowe on then. After the slaughter the camera zooms in on his blood covered face and he grins.

Seriously, what the hell? Not only is that mentioned nowhere in the Bible, the lack of context completely changes the purpose of the story. And apparently this movie was quite well received among Christian sources.

It's disturbing how modern American Christians have interpreted the Bible in such a xenophobic / biggoted way and think that it's completely natural.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

It's disturbing how modern American Christians have interpreted the Bible in such a xenophobic / biggoted way and think that it's completely natural.

Jesus is white...
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:47pm
Today I learned Strato watches Lifetime.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:22pm
Only when I can't catch the View ;)
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 5:14am
I'm always rather impressed with the mainstream Bible crowd's ability to denounce same sex partnerships but encourage violence. This seems like a good example.

Even if it IS angels doing it, wasn't "Thou shalt not kill" part of the same hodgepodge book?
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 10:34am

God told them to.

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Today I learned Strato watches Lifetime.

Good point.

Only when I can't catch the View ;)

Your mancard . . .

. . . turn it in . . .

. . . now.

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Even if it IS angels doing it, wasn't "Thou shalt not kill" part of the same hodgepodge book?

Silly kay, the commandments only apply to people.  Angels are like the CIA, they can do whatever they want to do without oversight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic