FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damn you Empire!!!! Damn YOU!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damn you Empire!!!! Damn YOU!!!!
    Posted: 01 March 2013 at 11:35am
Just when you think you're out, they suck you right back in.....

Secksy but muy $$$$$$$!

I think ANS is selling them pre-sale for $500+

Still, I guess it's proof that you just can't keep a good platform down!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 4:26pm
Clearly that isn't a paintball gun... it only has ONE trigger... 

Newb. 
They tremble at my name...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 4:47pm
It looks evil, it has the shoulder thingy that goes up, ban it. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 7:37pm
The picture in Tallen's post makes Mack happy!
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 1:15am
$500?  ouch.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 2:19am
I really wish I was still playing paintball.

Took a hike in some trails today. Just kept thinking how awesome it would be to have a paintball game out in the woods again with the deep creeks.

Edited by RoboCop - 02 March 2013 at 2:20am

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:04am
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I really wish I was still playing paintball.

Took a hike in some trails today. Just kept thinking how awesome it would be to have a paintball game out in the woods again with the deep creeks.

What's stopping you?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 11:26am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

$500?  ouch.

Yeah, $549 to be exact.

Originally I thought "Damn, that's WAY high" and I still think it's high for an A/C these days, but not as much as I first thought.

They've made some pretty nice improvements during the hiatus. It's already a mid-block, the stock pneus look pretty solid. it's essentially a brand-new Karni w/o electronics. I could justify $500 with electronics and an eye, but not for a mech. Used Karnis still go for that price on e-bay.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 1:38am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

What's stopping you?
Money. About to graduate. Got to make sure to save money for any travels and having to pay for life and loans. Once I get a job and find a good place to go, I will probably get back into it.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 11:12am
In related news, Tippmann just lowered the price of the crossover to $349!!!

They tremble at my name...
Parts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 7:10pm
Yep, crossover just got a much lower price!

That Autococker is real nice.  Just a note:  the new cocker is not compatible with old parts and upgrades.  (I haven't confirmed ALL upgrades though).
Tech at TippmannParts.com
We do everything Tippmann
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Parts Tech Parts Tech wrote:

Yep, crossover just got a much lower price!

That Autococker is real nice.  Just a note:  the new cocker is not compatible with old parts and upgrades.  (I haven't confirmed ALL upgrades though).

Makes sense. If I were Empire, I don't think I'd consider reverse compatibility either. Market is simply too flooded and it'd be tough to make any money that way. Ought to be interesting to see if AKALMP, Eclipse, and Shocktech get onboard with it.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:15pm
That is really tempting.
*edit* $649.00 shipped (to here), won't ship until June.  Comes with a 6 piece barrel kit too, pretty nice.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 03 March 2013 at 9:20pm
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 12:59am
Is empire taking over the industry? I was really disappointed to hear that Angel has gone out. I liked Evil way back and they are gone. I love my Ion but smart parts is dead. When the mini was taken over by empire, I was surprised.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Is empire taking over the industry? I was really disappointed to hear that Angel has gone out. I liked Evil way back and they are gone. I love my Ion but smart parts is dead. When the mini was taken over by empire, I was surprised.

Empire and Invert were the same company from my understanding. Both are/were Kee Action Sports (800 Paintball/NJ Paintball Supply) from the beginning IIRC. Honestly, The field is getting back to where it was shortly after the semi-auto revolution in the early 90's. You're going to have a few big marker manufacturers (DYE, Kee, Tippmann, Kingman, Eclipse, etc) leaving the field open for others to make upgrades (boards, barrels, bolts, etc)

Back in the early 90's, semi-auto tech combined with constant air meant everyone and their brother were making semi-auto paintball markers. Then the market flooded and collapse. Then you had the electro revolution and again, the market flooded and collapsed. Each time, those that survived made high quality products and continued to innovate. I think you'll find this to be the ongoing cycle for some time. Now your sub-bubble is the mag-fed stuff. Same will go for the next "big" electro improvement.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 9:28am
I need to get a new vale and hammer soon, before these dinosaurs become extinct.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 11:16am
$500 for a cocker clone that uses proprietary parts? Smoking deal...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 11:46am

Think its pretty cool, but out of my price range anytime soon. I would also rather have it as a double frame. Wonder if they will be bring this back as an electro as well???

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I would also rather have it as a double frame.

You are officially off the "cool" list. Real 'cockers use a single .45 slider. End of discussion.

An electro version would be nice though.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I would also rather have it as a double frame.

You are officially off the "cool" list. Real 'cockers use a single .45 slider. End of discussion.

An electro version would be nice though.
Meh. I don't need your sticking list.  Two fingers FTW! At least thats what your mom said.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic