FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PC not recognizing a USB device.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PC not recognizing a USB device.
    Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:37pm
Ok, who is good with computers? I installed Samsung KIES, and now my Samsung printer isn't recognized by the USB port. I don't know if they are connected but my Win 7 doesn't work when I try print things.

I've installed the printer drivers, I've tried to update my Win 7 64bit USB drivers but can't seem to get it to work. I've replaced the USB printer cable.

Using Microsoft anti virus and it is up to date but hasn't found anything.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:57pm
InB4:

"Apple"

WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 2:13pm
KIES is the devil. Half the time it doesn't even recognize my phone and I have to restart my pc several times to make it work.

I know Kies has been known to have USB problems but I don't know about driver conflicts.

Possibly try uninstalling Kies and the drivers associated with it?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 2:20pm
Yeah I plugged in my Samsung Galaxy S2 to back it up and it insisted it was a non Samsung phone.

It is excrement.

I've used the Kies uninstall, how to I make sure I get the drivers for it as well?

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic