Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pop-Tarts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Thing with toaster strudels is, is it possible to actually
cook the stupid things without leaving the center frozen or burning the
outside.

Only if you let them set out to thaw a while first.

There's no time for that sort of behavior with a toaster strudel! If you have time to sit and let the damn thing thaw, you clearly have time to make a decent breakfast.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 9:51pm
Since no one is on the subject... Anyone have any ideas for a high fiber breakfast that isn't sweet? I just can't do sweet breakfast, but oatmeal is the one surefire way to get a big dose of fiber, it seems. Am I gonna have to become even more of a young old man and go with metamucil?
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 9:53pm
You could do a bagel or a muffin or something. A lot of them are high in fiber and they don't have to be sweet. My fiance finds herself in the same situation.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 12:56pm

Eh, bagels certainly aren't high in fiber, unless they're some abomination that shouldn't be called a bagel (note: anything that is not a montreal style bagel doesn't deserve to be called a bagel, which means I haven't eaten a bagel in about 2 years. This morning attempted something I've long contemplated but been too skeptical to try: savory oatmeal. Went simple for a first attempt, fried tomato and egg, bacon, dill. 

Verdict? Not bad, definitely worth giving another try. Next time I'm thinking sauteed garlic and maybe shallot in the oats.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Since no one is on the subject... Anyone have any ideas for a high fiber breakfast that isn't sweet?

Bran flakes are the biggest breakfast bang to buck that's not sweet. 

Maybe cooked barley? I've never had barley for breakfast but it might be good with an egg on it. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:52pm
My thoughts on various things in this thread: 

1) PopTarts. I never buy them, but I do enjoy them if I'm at someone's house and they offer me one, or if they're in the random stack of stuff you sometimes get in a hotel breakfast. Entenmanns used to have the best version of the toaster-ready-square-pastry-thing. I really only like the fruit flavored ones, for some reason the s'mores or cinnamon ones don't sit well with me. I don't really care about frosting one way or another. They're also good broken up over ice cream if you're really feeling like killing yourself. 

2) Donuts. I cannot stand donuts for breakfast. I don't generally like sweet breakfasts all that much, the sweetest I do is Peanut Butter Crunch, but that's because I really like peanut butter. My general go-to breakfast is Rice Crispies with a sliced banana. But, I do really like donuts as a dessert food, and I wish they were more acceptable as a dessert. I also know I'm weird because of this, but I really prefer cake donuts to yeast donuts, probably because I mostly eat donuts as a dessert food, and cake donuts are more like cake. Finally, Dunkin Donuts is miles and miles better than Krispy Kreme. I will never understand the fascination around Krispy Kreme. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Finally, Dunkin Donuts is miles and miles better than Krispy Kreme. I will never understand the fascination around Krispy Kreme. 

You sir, as your beard presumes, are a misinformed heathen.  

Edited by *Stealth* - 28 February 2013 at 1:56pm
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic