FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pop-Tarts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pop-Tarts
    Posted: 22 February 2013 at 8:18am
Are awefull, but step daughter likes em as a fast breakfast. Tried the new 'oatmeal' ones this am, and they put a new slant on awefull. Ineatable is more the word....now the pumpkin pie ones from the holidays were OK,but still hard to take.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 8:59am
Yeah they're definitely a very little and not very often kind of thing for me. If there's a box in the house I'll have one mostly out of curiosity... Every time. 

The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 9:38am
The blueberry frosted and cinnamon sugar ones are delicious. 

Those are two different poptarts, btw.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:10pm
Yeah, cinnamon sugar (frosted) is the way to go. You want awful? Any un-frosted one is a crime against humanity!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:49pm
I'm a fan of strawberry frosted myself. Or blueberry frosted... 

Why do they even make "non" frosted versions? Like it suddenly becomes "healthy" if there is no frosting to make it taste good?

The kroger versions are just as good as the "real" ones too. And they often go on sale for $1 a box or less.
They tremble at my name...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:54pm
I can only do the strawberry ones cold. Once they're toasted, it's a no-go for me. Same goes for the s'mores ones. Cold they're fine, but when they get hot, they're too sugary for me.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 1:34pm
No love for the Wildberry? Wildberry pop tarts were my breakfast of choice when I was in school and college because I had no time for anything else.

Now My breakfast consist of two cups of coffee.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 3:41pm

I have never eaten a PopTart. Nothing about them has ever appealed to me. Not even out of curiosity.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 3:44pm
I never buy them, but I was always partial to the blueberry and ice cream sundae flavors.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 5:29pm
I hardly ever buy them, but I really like the chocolate pop tarts. But they gotta be toasted.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 7:19pm
Not a big fan of em.  
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 12:24pm
Never buy them for myself, but I'll eat the frosted strawberry ones if they're in the house.

I went on a big kick of having two pop tarts and a carnation breakfast every morning for a long while.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 1:10am
I tried them once or twice as a little one, on the rare opportunity a friend had them, and despite the obscene amount of marketing toward kids they just tasted like cardboard...
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I have never eaten a PopTart. Nothing about them has ever appealed to me. Not even out of curiosity.

I have. I was. I wish I could say the same thing as you.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

I tried them once or twice as a little one, on the rare opportunity a friend had them, and despite the obscene amount of marketing toward kids they just tasted like cardboard...

Yeah I never have them, but when I have I remember them being really really dry and the flavour was weak/ clearly fake.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Yeah I never have them, but when I have I remember them being really really dry and the flavour was weak/ clearly fake.

I like to think of them as a joyless jelly doughnut.
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 11:49pm
brown sugar cinnamon and a glass of milk is the start to my day, everyday. Embarrassed

well... maybe not everyday.

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 11:50pm
They are alright. I don't have them very often. I like the Hot Fudge Sundae ones the best

Edited by pntbl freak - 24 February 2013 at 11:51pm
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:32am
I have a problem eating anything overly sweet for breakfast anyway.  My favorite donuts are actually the plain cake ones.  My go to hot quick breakfast when I was younger was the red baron breakfast pizzas.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 9:00am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

My favorite donuts are actually the plain cake ones.

Commie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic