FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PS4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PS4
    Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:30am
So let's set politics and life troubles aside and once again discuss the things that really matter...

OMG TEH PS4 COMES OUT THIS YEAR

The PS4 launch games look incredible and will hopefully go a long ways towards erasing the bad taste the Wii U left (not to mention a 400 dollar hole in mt pocket.)

I seriously don't own a game for that damn thing.

Anyway, I'm super essited.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:32am
New controller looks terrible. 
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 1:27am
It'll be interesting to see what Microsoft comes up with to rival it.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 2:26am
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

New controller looks terrible. 

Agreed. I've always hated the PS controllers anyway, though. The 360 still has the end all great controller in my opinion.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what Microsoft comes up with to rival it.

Yeah...I'd honestly be willing to bet that this is one of the console makers' last generation.

Most people would have had bets on the Playstation, but Microsoft is in kind of a weird position with the 360. The FPS generation is dying out and that's the genre that fueled the 360's dominance.

I think Nintendo is safe, even if the Wii U is already at a disadvantage. The interesting upside of serving up half a decade of craptastic low res graphics is that Nintendophiles such as myself have actually be waiting since the Nintendo 64 to play a Zelda or Metroid in true HD.

In fact, I'd say that it was a genius marketing move. The jump to HD for those games will be almost as big as what you saw when the NES gave way to the N64, and in that way the Wii U will likely be the only one of the big 3 to provide any knid of real surprises.

Otherwise, you can count on Microsoft and Sony to play it safe with more of the same hardware and games for the near future. Game development costs are getting up there.

Really, I think this next generation will belong to PC gamers. PC gaming has made a huge comeback and we're back to a point where video cards upgrade and move so fast that the consoles are going to have trouble keeping up. I think PhysX is the next big deal in gaming graphics and PC's will be on the cutting edge.

Otherwise, 2014 is going to be Nintendo's year since the big consoles will be in their launch phase and the developers will hang on to dear life to 360 / PS3 development. You see alot of good games at the very end of a console's lifespan, we saw that with the N64 and PS2.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 6:53am
I'll buy a PS4, I am not going to buy a WII U or a 720.

I happen to prefer the PS style controller more than the 360's.

I have not seen any hard info on the PS4 or the controller.

I like PC gaming and prefer it, but can't purchase new components every 6 months.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 10:54am
I'm really excited for Xbox news after seeing some of the PS4 conference. I'll probably end up with both systems at some point though.

Watch Dogs looks sweet. But isn't PS4 exclusive so I don't know why they keep showing it.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 11:35am
My 360 and Wii are just sitting, or do an occasional DVD movie. No plans on any new systems.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:44pm
I really like the wii u...

The web surfing  on the gamepad blows away any other method for looking at content online. You can zoom and scroll using the analog sticks, and selecting things with the buttons is very cool.  Plus I have my wii u console in the basement, and I can take the gamepad upstairs and use it in my living room, OR my bedroom... It wasn't supposed to work far away, but I easily get 30 feet away THROUGH walls/floors and it works. So I use it as a tablet when upstairs and the girls are watching girl tv...

I for one have my money ready to buy the new need for speed for the wii u... I think that game will be worth the whole system. 

And mario wii u rocks... Seriously the best mario game I have ever seen. Being able to play with my kids, and throw blocks on there at will is really fun. 

The playstation 4 gamepad controller is an exact copy too. So much for innovation. 

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 22 February 2013 at 12:46pm
They tremble at my name...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 7:48pm

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

The playstation 4 gamepad controller is an exact copy too. So much for innovation.

As far as I know the PS4 controller doesn't have a touch screen, it has a touch pad. The Vita has actually had the same thing for quite a while.

The thing with the Wii U is that it puts Nintendo in a weird place-system exclusives and Nintendophiles aside, any game mass developed for all three systems will end up with a gimped port for the Nintnedo system because of its lack of horsepower.

So it's kind of in the same dilemma as the original Wii-innovative, useful, but as an actual gaming console it's only good if you're either a casual gamer or Nintendophile.

Fortunately, I'm not console centric-as long as my money allows I'll have all 3 plus a good PC. I think you miss out only sticking with one.
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:04am
I'm back to playing command and conquer and G-nome on our wonderful Windows 95 machine.
Brings back the early childhood!

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:28am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Fortunately, I'm not console centric-as long as my money allows I'll have all 3 plus a good PC. I think you miss out only sticking with one.

Maybe. I had an X-box 360 for all of about a week. Played latest HALO and Medal of Honor on it, then it died and I never got it repaired. (was second hand)

While there are some console exclusives you miss I found the whole gaming experience lacking on the X-box. If not lacking then not enough of an improvement to be worth owning two.

My fully pimped XBox controller was nice, but battery life was hours, it was still very very big and pretty much everything it did the PS3 controller can do.

I love my PC, but with games running more and more like console games, and with consoles being the lead platform I don't bother gaming on it much. Maybe this will change with the new crop of graphics cards running so powerful. Lets see...

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 25 February 2013 at 12:29am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

I'm back to playing command and conquer and G-nome on our wonderful Windows 95 machine.
Brings back the early childhood!

I've had hours of C&C multiplayer wasted by call waiting, or one of my parents picking up the phone.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 9:46pm
My PS3 sits under a mound of dust. It pretty much is only a blu ray player and a netflix portal for my living room.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2013 at 7:21am
So need for speed just came out for the wii u, and of course I had to get it... (found it new on ebay for $45.99)

This game is amazing! I love driving games, and even purchased the ps3 when grand tourismo 4 came out got the steering wheel, all in, it was a fun game, but the load times before EVERY race got REALLY old. I don't want to sit there looking at a "loading" bar after every single race. Not to mention you had to download content just about every time I would go to play it. Serious hassle when your internet is as slow as mine is out in the sticks (thanks Cincinnati bell for promising high speed for 4 years and NEVER delivering the speed you promised...)

Well, need for speed loads ONCE when you turn the game on. Then you can drive ANYWHERE in the city, (on or off road) when you find a race, it loads, but it plays a short video showing you the race requirements, so you aren't sitting there looking at a loading bar... Way better use of the system. 

And the graphics... Whoa! Seriously, the best graphics I've ever seen in a console system. I'm playing this in my theater on a 10 foot wide screen, and there is NO lag, the amount of detail is incredible, the textures are amazing, and the sound... Holy cow, first time you get in the new corvette and stomp it. The throaty rumble of all that horsepower coming to life is incredible. 

The controls take some getting used to as they aren't as touchy as most driving games, but within a few minutes you have it down, and it is very comfortable to play for hours with your gamepad. I sat down at 8:00 last night and before I knew it, I looked over at the clock and it was 11:00... I thought I had played an hour or so... Where all the other games, you are constantly waiting on loading so you have plenty of time to look at the clock. With this game you don't get time to look away! Unless you pause it. 

Overall, thrilled to see just what the wii u can do, and looking forward to more game development for this type of system. 
They tremble at my name...
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:48pm
just had a PC built for me. the only reason to get a console now is for the peer pressure factor, because honestly. all my friends are doing it.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:21am
I still play Skate 3 and GTA on my 360 all the time. Can't wait for the next GTA, and I picked up another copy of Battlefield to play with some of the guys at work.

No way this is the last iteration of consoles. With things like the Ouya, consoles are still sticking around.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 2:35am
My new gaming rig is rocking the crap out of Crysis 3. What a gorgeous game.

Personally, I'm as excited about Elder Scrolls online as I am anything else.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 3:32am
Why are we talking about on here, Sony is looking for Beta Testers all over facebook, havent you heard?
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:04pm
I've always been an Xbox fan myself. To be honest, if I had a 360, and couldn't own any other games besides Mass Effect 1-3 it would still be worth it for me. By far my favorite series of all time.
I need a new Sig...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic