FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So Sunday...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Sunday...
    Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:04pm
I'm moving to Korea for a year. Here's hoping WWIII holds off that long. 
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 12:46am
What for? Did I miss something?
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 1:22am
HF:DD
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 1:23am
I'd like to say I've got your back, but it's another 3 years 'til I'm in the fleet.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 9:01am
GL and enjoy your Kimchi....
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 9:32am
Why? My year in Dongducheon or Tongduchon was enough for me. Was at Hovey, and the highlight of our weekend was the air mattress and e-tool races down **** Creek. Or going downtown and to the lowest VD rated Club of the night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_9KOHyDTmI

Look high rise brick barracks, we lived in Korean War era quonset Huts and had a central oil stove for heat, and a communal shower we had to 'run' to in winter at -40. Things have changed but no thanks...BTDT didn't like it.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 11:51am
I enjoyed my 3 month stay in Korea. I had a ton of fun and got to see soe cool things. Did not like Kimchi though....
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 1:35pm
I'll be teaching at an English language immersion school in Incheon for a year. Apparently there's a Dunkin's down the street from the apartment building they're packing the native English-speaking teachers into, and an Irish bar. Both of those things are very important to my survival in a foreign land.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 3:39pm
Koreans love to drink.  It wont be hard to find a bar.

They have a store called Home Plus which is pretty much their Walmart.  You will find everything you ever need here.  They had one in the basement of the hotel we were staying at during our time there and you could walk down and buy one of these guys for a few dollars.  They were already cold.

The flash got in the way...but that's 1 liter.

I also miss Soju.

Edited by pntbl freak - 14 February 2013 at 3:40pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 3:42pm
If you are out drinking, Lotteria (Basically their Mcdonalds) has some fantastic mozzarella cheese sticks.  We always seemed to end up there when out at the bars.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

I also miss Soju.

Then move to MD. It's like Koreaville USA over here.

This is where I'm going to dinner tomorrow night:
Honey Pig
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 7:29pm
sounds like a great experience.  
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 9:46pm
Have fun, Keep in touch!
They tremble at my name...
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 10:54pm
GL;HF;DD. Hope the Commies don't invade while you're there.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2013 at 11:52pm
Currently the part of this trip I'm most concerned about is the layover in Detroit, which is 12hrs longer than I thought it would be (goddammit why can't everybody just use 24hr time? I did what you do when you assume) . Packing was cake, except for the thing I will remember at 30k'
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2013 at 11:46am
Safe travels.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2013 at 2:06pm
IF you are in Pohang Korea. Give a shout out to the ROK Marines great bunch of dudes. Let me know when your back in town. My number is still the same we can go over Korea stories.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 2:47am
I have a home plus(u) directly across the street from the apartment, and a 24hr convenience store on the ground floor. So far it seems like the culture differences boil down to manners, so basically anything that would make my grandmother, or a DI, mad (gum-chewing, hats indoors hands in pockets etc.) are things to avoid, and I basically get a pass for being so obviously foreign. Oh, and I had been thinking that it wouldn't be too cold since it seems the weather in Incheon is about like home, you need a coat every time you are not in a room, hallways are not heated or terribly insulated. Suburbs are about non-existent. It goes from highrises to hillbilly farms in <1/4mile.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 9:03am
Korea? Damn....better than the hole they sent me to!
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

Korea? Damn....better than the hole they sent me to!

Washington DC or Detroit??
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic