Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what barrel for project salvo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
atomik9274 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomik9274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what barrel for project salvo
    Posted: 13 February 2013 at 10:59pm
so im getting a project salvo because i like it's military look and it won't break the bank of a highschooler.
im just wondering if their are any specific brands of barrels that will make it more accurate.
il be up in the action so nothing over 14 inches. i would also like it to be fairly silent. thanks!
oh and il be using compressed air if that matters.

Edited by atomik9274 - 13 February 2013 at 11:01pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 12:05pm
Surprised this hasn't been answered already- There's a lot of options out there for barrels, I've been a long time fan of the J&J ceramic.

If I remember correctly though, the Salvo has a thicker barrel than most. I ran into the issue with my Alpha black that the front grip/sight combination had WAY too much 'wiggle' because the barrel didn't fit snugly into the ring for it.

If the salvo is the same (I think I remember it being so) then my solution, would be a small ring of electrical tape around the barrel right where it would normally contact the hand guard. It lets you use a thinner after market barrel, and keep the front hand guard from being unstable.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic