Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So did you read the ex-lapd's rant?...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 1:07pm
I find it amazing that other liberals have sided with this guy... He clearly has a different view of morality than most. But, isn't that the goal of liberalism? To make our old moral "standards" fit the "new and improved" anything goes viewpoints?...

This guy has no moral compass, course what do we expect from someone who feels the proper reaction to someone calling him a name is to beat that person. And if someone wrongs him in a worse way, he kills their family members, and then calls them to rub it in...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276671/Christopher-Dorner-1-million-reward-Killer-cop-called-victims-father-taunt-death.html#axzz2Kaq3TBqB

All men have the capability to commit evil or good. Some choose evil, and no amounts of study of those people will change the fact that we all get to choose our behavior. How many families will have their lives destroyed by this guys "survival of the fittest" world view?

Another example of the consequences of people who argue that they too have a moral compass, it is just different than yours...
They tremble at my name...
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 1:21pm
Killing a random cop at an intersection in an unrelated city doesn't help his point. He is has killed 3 people during his war with the LAPD. None of his victims were even employed there.

This guy is not a hero.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

This guy is not a hero.

Sums up this whole thread.

FE, you touched on something I find very interesting. I'm going to start a thread on it so we don't derail this one, but I'd love to engage you in some dialogue on the subject of morality, specifically because I think it's a really fascinating discussion and a break from all the political crap that usually gets hashed out on this forum. If you're interested follow up with me on there.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 4:37pm
This has been really hard to listen to...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/live-video/

Lots of gunfire, screaming, early reports are 2 officers down so far.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 7:33pm
This should be over momentarily. There goes the evidence.....
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

This should be over momentarily. There goes the evidence.....

Not all evidence is lost. There are still four bodies and two other injured officers...
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:43pm
I'm not gonna lie-if he gets out of this one, I'll stay think he's crazy but I'll give him mad props.

Drudge article says they still can't get into the cabin but that tracks were found going from the cabin to a horse corral.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:19pm
Looks like they took a page out of the FBI handbook.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I'm not gonna lie-if he gets out of this one, I'll stay think he's crazy but I'll give him mad props.

Drudge article says they still can't get into the cabin but that tracks were found going from the cabin to a horse corral.

It seems these guys normally commit suicide or surrender. I've always wondered whether or not any of these guys would come up with an in depth plan to confuse and mislead cops as is done in the movies. It seems like it would be easy to do in real life, considering how difficult it really is to track someone who's "off the grid." If this guy is as skilled as he claims to be, this might not be ending tonight.

Edited by Tolgak - 12 February 2013 at 9:24pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:31pm
The single gunshot inside the house as the fire started seemed pretty concrete. I bet he's dead.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

It seems these guys normally commit suicide or surrender. I've always wondered whether or not any of these guys would come up with an in depth plan to confuse and mislead cops as is done in the movies. It seems like it would be easy to do in real life, considering how difficult it really is to track someone who's "off the grid." If this guy is as skilled as he claims to be, this might not be ending tonight.

I kind of halfway believed that this guy had done so, and he may have but his plans got interrupted when they tried to apprehend him away from his cabin where all his weapons and tools were held.

Otherwise, I think USAF is right, he probably offed himself in the cabin.

The image of a lone gunman escaping a loaded SWAT team on horseback is too fun to pass up though.

The good news is that hopefully more cops don't have to die for this guy's bad logic.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:01pm
It seems that even the cabin thing might have been a plan-B. He attempted to hijack a boat and bought SCUBA gear, his truck had a broken axle. My first reaction on seeing the smoke was similar to impulse's, but fortunately it doesn't seem like there was anybody else in the cabin. 
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:21pm
A body has been found, in predictably poor shape. Identification will take time.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

A body has been found, in predictably poor shape. Identification will take time.

Going along with the "too crazy to be simple" possibility, it could be another cop.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Going along with the "too crazy to be simple" possibility, it could be another cop.

I doubt it.

They chased him into the cabin, exchanged fire with him while he was inside, he was seen trying to flee then being chased back inside by the perimeter... Looks like he simply got cornered and chose to off himself.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 7:42am
Yep, Waco'd him
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 10:21am

They've recanted on that. No body as of yet (10:20AM est)

Also,

Scanner audio makes it clear the fire was set by the five-oh.

As someone on Fark said, if it's true, then there were no 'good guys' in this whole thing.

Edit: Now they've recanted on the recanting. That's fine police work there Lou.....

Edited by tallen702 - 13 February 2013 at 10:26am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 2:15pm
One of my friends had a comment on a relevant facebook status that floored me.

"Too bad he didn't take more of the fascist pigs with him."

I don't get how this guy is being painted as some kind of heroic figure in some circles.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

One of my friends had a comment on a relevant facebook status that floored me.

"Too bad he didn't take more of the fascist pigs with him."

I don't get how this guy is being painted as some kind of heroic figure in some circles.

A lot of people don't understand (surprise!) the decisions that go into escalation of force. When an officer uses what can be considered excessive force and it makes national news - big country, lots of officers, lots of incidents - we perceive the use of such force as standard across the nation's PDs.

The other perception is that they are enforcers of corrupt policymakers at the top, so they question why good people would join such organizations in the first place, determine that good people wouldn't... you can see where it goes from there.

Edited by Tolgak - 13 February 2013 at 2:48pm
Karenross View Drop Down
Not a real lawyer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 6:52am
K. thnx. bye. 

Edited by Reb Cpl - 27 February 2013 at 9:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic