Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So did you read the ex-lapd's rant?...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Course the way the media is covering up the majority of his complaints/political viewpoints has been very interesting to watch, when you can read his views yourself with a quick search online. It sure shows how biased our media has become. Which has definitely harmed the country as their agenda is clearly so much more important the "just the facts"...

Again, I agree with you on this point.

If this guy was an NRA member it would be plastered all over the news and Feinstein would already be writing up a new bill. It's ironic that a pro gun control ex cop is resorting to gun violence in order to get his point across.

Goes to show that some people are only anti-gun when it comes to anyone but themselves.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 5:33pm
I can't help but feel that a necessary tie in to the capture of this guy may be impeded if it were in another state.

TL:DR some states are complaining about law enforcement using drones to spy on them, nevermind their usefulness in covering large areas at once, especially when helicopters can cost an arm and a leg.

Also, the thread was kind of a TL;DR for me...any good SWAT references?

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

I can't help but feel that a necessary tie in to the capture of this guy may be impeded if it were in another state.
TL:DR some states are complaining about law enforcement using drones to spy on them, nevermind their usefulness in covering large areas at once, especially when helicopters can cost an arm and a leg.

Are you suggesting that LA doesn't already have air support with thermal imaging for this? Because that's exactly what they're using right now.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

At this point he's a cold blooded murder pointing fingers at racists and biggots.

I frequent another forum where the people know him, and he's apparently always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder about "the man" always getting him down.

I agree with protest, I agree with civil disobedience, but once violence is introduced and murder at that all bets are off. Whatever you are "fighting for" is meaningless* now and I hope the cops drop you.

KBK

*Possible exception to human rights violations.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 5:55pm
Someone made a really good observation. He was let go from the LAPD after reporting abuse of a mentally handicapped inmate. LAPD officers have just shot two innocent women, and are on paid leave.

Standing up for human rights is worse than shooting americans?
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 6:18pm
What exactly sets an instance like this apart from something like say - a national revolution, morally speaking?

I'm mainly playing devils advocate, and I'm not saying I agree with the guy's actions. I would be surprised to hear that you lot would find the men who fought in the American revolution to be immoral "cold blooded murderers." Just a thought.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Fixed it for ya. The guy has only killed cops (which I assume are only dirty, so the honorable ones should be at ease), so I think it's safe to say citizens aren't directly in danger.

Our newspapers said today that he killed a family member of one of the cops he had issues with.

I don't care how valid/true his points are . . . he ceased to be a credible spokesperson when he started murdering people.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

What exactly sets an instance like this apart from something like say - a national revolution, morally speaking?

A very fine line.

Let me put it this way.

Your alcoholic dad beat you your entire life, so after 40 years you finally put a bullet in his old skull to end the suffering. That's a revolution.

Alternatively, you find out Wal-Mart is jacking the prices on ammunition so you kill some cashiers. That's this guy.

It's an action versus reaction scenario.

To be more precise, in a revolution you're generally dealing with a situation in which people are suffering and dying and there's no representation for their injustices.

In this man's situation he was fired (for reason we probably don't even fully know) so he decides to get back at his former employer by killing cops and innocent people. He's a murderer.

Ever seen American Gangster? Russel Crowe's character gets a law degree and cleans out the whole police department. That's a true story. There's always and outlet for your frustrations, that's the beauty of America.

Unless some insane details come out that shake my world, this guy's a cold blooded murderer in my book.

Also-have any of you guys seen the LAPD pay scale? 48-50K in California is atrocious. You get what you pay for.

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Are you suggesting that LA doesn't already have air support with thermal imaging for this? Because that's exactly what they're using right now.

I was pointing out that it's a good thing the ex cop isn't in a state or municipality where the local government has banned the use of that technology completely...doesn't make sense.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Salary Comparison Website Salary Comparison Website wrote:

A salary of $50,000 in Fort Worth, Texas should increase to $79,689 in Los Angeles, California

Whoops, was supposed to go beneath my original post.

Edited by stratoaxe - 09 February 2013 at 6:40pm
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 8:46pm

I was pointing out that it's a good thing the ex cop isn't in a state or municipality where the local government has banned the use of that technology completely...doesn't make sense.

We would have found him even faster if we were a cashless society, or had GPS chips in us. Are you on board for that? Where do you cross the line when it comes to civil liberties?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 1:30am

Someone made a really good observation. He was let go from the LAPD after reporting abuse of a mentally handicapped inmate. LAPD officers have just shot two innocent women, and are on paid leave.

And the other forum said those claims were pretty much bogus.

Your side, their side and the truth.

I don't claim to know which is which in this case, just saying he isn't a modern day Robin Hood.

He has a history of not being very good at what he's doing, being washed out and then claiming persecution.

KBK

Edit - Not the claims of the innocents getting shot. That's pretty messed up right there and needs to be properly investigated/resolved.

Edited by Kayback - 10 February 2013 at 1:31am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

And the other forum said those claims were pretty much bogus.

Your side, their side and the truth.

I don't claim to know which is which in this case, just saying he isn't a modern day Robin Hood.

He has a history of not being very good at what he's doing, being washed out and then claiming persecution.

KBK

Edit - Not the claims of the innocents getting shot. That's pretty messed up right there and needs to be properly investigated/resolved.

All valid points. No way to know yet.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I'm betting the SAM is a bluff, and that's he's die of exposure already.

I doubt the exposure part very much. He's not an idiot, and he has both police and military training. That's not the type to walk into the woods unprepared and just take it and die. I think Bri is spot on for what's going to happen. He seems to have this well thought out, and knows what it will take to "be effective" in his eyes. Hit and fade. He's not a madman on a rampage just reacting, he's got things in mind.

Again, Bri is dead on, I wouldn't want to be a dirty cop in that area right now, seriously scary.

Fixed it for ya. The guy has only killed cops (which I assume are only dirty, so the honorable ones should be at ease), so I think it's safe to say citizens aren't directly in danger. The possibility of collateral damage is always there, but he seems pretty well trained.

I think every police officer in the country should be re-polygraphed. Ask the same questions they do in pre hire. See which cops have turned dirty after the academy. Let the dirty one's get washed out (the country should also be able to know the percentage of those let go), and let the honorable know what it feels like to be treated a criminal, and be guilty until proven innocent.

Pull your head out of your arse and give it a shake. He hunted and murdered the DAUGHTER of a lawyer who represented him, as well as the daughter's significant other. He went after the family of someone he felt had aggrieved him.

If you're going to drag your usual anti-authority BS into this thread, do enough reading first to have a clue before you open your mouth and drool on the rest of us.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 5:24pm
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210,0,3955268.story
They tremble at my name...
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I'm betting the SAM is a bluff, and that's he's die of exposure already.

I doubt the exposure part very much. He's not an idiot, and he has both police and military training. That's not the type to walk into the woods unprepared and just take it and die. I think Bri is spot on for what's going to happen. He seems to have this well thought out, and knows what it will take to "be effective" in his eyes. Hit and fade. He's not a madman on a rampage just reacting, he's got things in mind.

Again, Bri is dead on, I wouldn't want to be a dirty cop in that area right now, seriously scary.

Fixed it for ya. The guy has only killed cops (which I assume are only dirty, so the honorable ones should be at ease), so I think it's safe to say citizens aren't directly in danger. The possibility of collateral damage is always there, but he seems pretty well trained.

I think every police officer in the country should be re-polygraphed. Ask the same questions they do in pre hire. See which cops have turned dirty after the academy. Let the dirty one's get washed out (the country should also be able to know the percentage of those let go), and let the honorable know what it feels like to be treated a criminal, and be guilty until proven innocent.

Pull your head out of your arse and give it a shake. He hunted and murdered the DAUGHTER of a lawyer who represented him, as well as the daughter's significant other. He went after the family of someone he felt had aggrieved him.

If you're going to drag your usual anti-authority BS into this thread, do enough reading first to have a clue before you open your mouth and drool on the rest of us.

My condolences for the daughter and SO. I'm sure the details of this story will be just as bad as sandy hook. Again, my condolences.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 6:30am

Read through the unedited manifesto and it seems like this guy has a sane head on his shoulders.

I have a VERY strong feeling this guy has seen the movie, "Law Abiding Citizen" and is putting his own spin on it.

It also looks like he tried other ways and they backfired, just for trying to do the right thing. This type of scenario hits home for me considering I was trained at the same school (Dam Neck (NMITC)) and am in the Intel business. In his manifesto he mentions bringing all fields of intelligence into his arsenal and how, "so many things are available on NIPR.", a-symetrical warfare, etc. But nowhere in his manifesto did I really think, man this guy is a looney.

Trust me when I say that I know SO many other people in the military that I've pictured in this guys shoes because they just seem like a closet psychopath, but this guy acts as if he has simply exhausted all other options and has given up on trying to fix a corrupt system the ethical/"good guy" way.

He seemed/seems to truely be in a David and Goliath scenario, except it's more like legions of Goliaths.

I'm not going to lie, if I had EVERYTHING taken from me like he did and in a fashion such as that, through lie after lie after lie... I'd probably do something similar and it makes me sick that he had to resort to this level of violence, but would you not do the same thing if you literally had nothing left to lose?

And now I don't know what is worse, the level of violence this man had to resort to to get his case(s) reopened by the LAPD, or the LAPD's COMPLETE disregard for human lives in this matter. So far three inocent people have been shot at, one hit twice, another injured by glass breaking from the bullets and another broadsided by a police cruiser and then being shot at 3 times.

Moreover the officers who did this have been put on PAID suspension. Seriously??? An accidental dischard typically leads to a short suspension w/o pay, yet endangering AND injuring innocent bystanders is rewarded with time to yourself and a continuance of pay? Sickening.

I could somewhat understand if the civies resembled him, but two were caucasian women, one being 71 years old, and the other was a white caucasian male that was over 100 lbs. lighter and much shorter than the suspect. They are pretty much going off of a Ready, Fire, Aim protocol and I'm going to say there wil most likely be more innocent bystanders injured in the near future.

It also just shows, in my eyes, how gungho the LAPD is to kill this guy so word cannot get out about how corrupt they really are. Think about it, if this guy were captured alive, think of all the things that would get out? A man is only as good as his word, and this guy has ALOT of them that I don't think the LAPD wants getting out, sparing that which has already been typed up by the guy.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:04am

Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

I have a VERY strong feeling this guy has seen the movie, "Law Abiding Citizen" and is putting his own spin on it.

I was thinking more along the lines of Rambo, but I guess that works as well.

I'm not going to lie, if I had EVERYTHING taken from me like he did and in a fashion such as that, through lie after lie after lie... I'd probably do something similar and it makes me sick that he had to resort to this level of violence, but would you not do the same thing if you literally had nothing left to lose?

For starters, no, I would hope I wouldn't resort to gunning down innocent people to get back at my former employer. Typically doing such a thing gets you a little socially ostricized.

Further, are we all reading the same crap?

Originally posted by The Uncensored Version (Censored by Strato for the forum of course) The Uncensored Version (Censored by Strato for the forum of course) wrote:

A fellow student, Jim Armstrong if I can recall, called me a racial slur on the playground. My response was swift and non-lethal. I struck him fast and hard with a punch an kick. He cried and reported it to a teacher. The teacher reported it to the principal. The principal swatted Jim for using a derogatory word toward me. He then for some unknown reason swatted me for striking Jim in response to him calling me a racial slur. He stated as good Christians we are to turn the other cheek as Jesus did. Problem is, Iím not a poopy word Christian and that old book, made of fiction and limited non-fiction, called the bible, never once stated Jesus was called a racial slur. How dare you swat me for standing up for my rights for demanding that I be treated as a equal human being. That day I made a life decision that i will not tolerate racial derogatory terms spoken to me. Unfortunately I was swatted multiple times for the same exact reason up until junior high.

Really? So this guy not only assaulted people over namecalling in school, he is completely baffled by the idea that felony assault is not a due reaction to being called a name. How the hell did he pass the psych eval?

His rant on the AWB is equally ridiculous. It's another case of "Nobody should be allowed to have these things so to prove it I'm going to shoot you with them."

Everybody saying that his writings seemed sane, I disagree. I see patterns of a person who doesn't value human life, a person with a pattern of self victimization in which he feels that it's worth taking innocent lives simply to redeem his name.

I've read on several news sites now that an officer had reported him acting strange, sobbing in his police car, and that this isn't his first run in with accusations of incompetency. He was investigated by a board and found guilty of lying on a fellow officer and terminated. But is this the REAL reason he was terminated? What if he was mentally unsound and this was just a cheap excuse to get rid of him?

Unless I'm missing something here, he's 33 and has a history as a police trainer, a decorated veteran, and has more of a chance and finding a new career than most of us when we first start.

I've been fired unfairly from jobs, and I've also been the subject of what I considered to be workplace discrimination due to working in a predominately female industry. But guess what? I don't feel the need to kill my former employers and their children.

Guy's a psychopath-kill him. Soon. And forget him-don't let him become a martyr for future crazies.

Let a sane person go about starting an investigation the SANE way.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:36am
His whole unedited manifesto sounds like an unhinged individual. There may be parts of it that sound lucid, but the whole sounds off the wall.

His "persecution" started on the play ground and went with him through school to flight school in the military and then into the police force?

Lets see what the common factor is here.

I'm not going to side with him on this one.

KBK
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:49am

Read through the unedited manifesto and it seems like this guy has a sane head on his shoulders.

I don't care what someone writes.  If he hunted down the daughter of an attorney that "wronged" him, and killed her and her fiance... that's not sane.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic