Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So did you read the ex-lapd's rant?...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So did you read the ex-lapd's rant?...
    Posted: 07 February 2013 at 8:22pm
I'm about 3/4 of the way through and... whoa. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/interactive/2013/02/07/ex-lapd-officer-christopher-jordan-dorner-manifesto/

discuss

They tremble at my name...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 11:50pm
Way too much of a TL;DR for me to pay attention to right now, but it seemed pretty loaded. I got to the part about Jewish Ghettos and decided to bookmark it for later.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:56am
I hate it when the bad guy makes sense, but he's right on some unfortunately obvious points. However, he says/ has done many things to remove that credibility, but honestly I really hope his message is not lost in whatever the aftermath of this is. I really, truly hope no more innocent bystanders are killed, and of course that includes police. It's really a crazy situation all around, and I just hope some good comes out of the end. Until then I'm on the edge of my seat to find out what happens. If the LAPD has already shot up innocents somehow thinking it was him, I can't imagine what they'll do to him.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

If the LAPD has already shot up innocents somehow thinking it was him, I can't imagine what they'll do to him.
Seems pretty obvious to me...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:56am
Actually, that is the "media approved" version of what he wrote... The real version is about twice that long, and a pretty incredible read, but you will have to search it on your own, as there is language...

Wonder if the "liberal ideology" of this guy will come into play since it is such a big part of his rant?... Naa, that doesn't fit the typical media narrative. 

Interesting turn, as he is using his own actions to promote more gun control... Where is a facepalm pic???
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

If the LAPD has already shot up innocents somehow thinking it was him, I can't imagine what they'll do to him.

Seems pretty obvious to me...

I'd say so:

Over 30 shots fired without even properly identifying the target.

And yet, legal AR owners at the range on a Saturday "the dangerous ones."

But I digress. The LAPD don't want this guy alive, they don't want what he has to say coming out on the witness stand with TV cameras around to broadcast it. They don't want the world to know that without a doubt they're a racist, sexist, corrupt organization from the top to the bottom, they want this guy dead so that they never have to face the fallout.

I'm not defending his actions by any means. But he's obviously sane (he has issues, but he knows what he's doing) and something obviously pushed him over the edge and I think it's laid out pretty clearly in the beginning of this manifesto.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 1:11pm
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2013/02/08/ac-bill-bratton-dorner-package.cnn?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

How do they not know what this means?  It's obviously a threat.  1 Minute of Angle.  The guy is saying he's a good shot and that guy is one of his targets.  Not that hard.  
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 1:43pm
The end of the manifesto mentioned him possessing a SA-7 and a Barrett. The Barrett seems reasonable, but I was shocked he would mention a SA-7. I initially wrote that part off as pure BS, but wasn't the SA-7 stolen in Libya?

*Edited because I left some words out**

Edited by deadeye007 - 08 February 2013 at 7:06pm
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 2:28pm
I'm betting the SAM is a bluff, and that's he's die of exposure already. Chris Christie has a new, unwanted endorsement for 2016, and the gun-control lobby has a very vocal advocate. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:22pm
Oh and "new" is not the same as knew... I laughed when he talked about how his written reports were excellent, and yet he "new" so many things in the next sentence.

I think this will go on for a long time... Guy seems like he planned this for a while, so I doubt he will be an easy capture... (because the police are not judge/jury and executioners... right?...)

Course the way the media is covering up the majority of his complaints/political viewpoints has been very interesting to watch, when you can read his views yourself with a quick search online. It sure shows how biased our media has become. Which has definitely harmed the country as their agenda is clearly so much more important the "just the facts"...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 08 February 2013 at 3:24pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 4:55pm
I don't know if he's bluffing about the SA-7.

Or, at least, it's plausible. There are a sizeable number of unaccounted for manpads out there. 
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 7:18pm
The guy seems to know his stuff, and he's playing this as 'urban insurgent' rather than 'active shooter'. I bet there will be a lot of 'hit and fade' with this guy. When they get him it will be as much immediate situational luck as it will solid police work. I would not want to be LAPD or anyone close to them right now. I suspect this man is astute enough to remain unpredictable. As the bystander shootings have already demonstrated, it will be sufficient to keep the police paranoid between hits.

I really, really hope someone puts a bullet in an important part of him quickly.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

The guy seems to know his stuff, and he's playing this as 'urban insurgent' rather than 'active shooter'. I bet there will be a lot of 'hit and fade' with this guy. When they get him it will be as much immediate situational luck as it will solid police work. I would not want to be LAPD or anyone close to them right now. I suspect this man is astute enough to remain unpredictable. As the bystander shootings have already demonstrated, it will be sufficient to keep the police paranoid between hits.

I really, really hope someone puts a bullet in an important part of him quickly.

This. I'd be willing to bet he gets caught by a street-level uniform/off duty cop, who stumbles across him by chance.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:04pm
...well that's interesting. I'll have to find the full manifesto when I have the time to read it.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 4:21am
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I'm betting the SAM is a bluff, and that's he's die of exposure already.

I doubt the exposure part very much. He's not an idiot, and he has both police and military training. That's not the type to walk into the woods unprepared and just take it and die. I think Bri is spot on for what's going to happen. He seems to have this well thought out, and knows what it will take to "be effective" in his eyes. Hit and fade. He's not a madman on a rampage just reacting, he's got things in mind.

Again, Bri is dead on, I wouldn't want to be anyone in that area right now, seriously scary.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 11:30am

I doubt the exposure part very much. He's not an idiot, and he has both police and military training. That's not the type to walk into the woods unprepared and just take it and die. I think Bri is spot on for what's going to happen. He seems to have this well thought out, and knows what it will take to "be effective" in his eyes. Hit and fade. He's not a madman on a rampage just reacting, he's got things in mind.

Again, Bri is dead on, I wouldn't want to be a dirty cop in that area right now, seriously scary.

Fixed it for ya. The guy has only killed cops (which I assume are only dirty, so the honorable ones should be at ease), so I think it's safe to say citizens aren't directly in danger. The possibility of collateral damage is always there, but he seems pretty well trained.

I think every police officer in the country should be re-polygraphed. Ask the same questions they do in pre hire. See which cops have turned dirty after the academy. Let the dirty one's get washed out (the country should also be able to know the percentage of those let go), and let the honorable know what it feels like to be treated a criminal, and be guilty until proven innocent.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 11:34am
I read something in his manifesto about targeting all cops and leaving it to the LAPD to explain to the families why they died.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 12:22pm
the links on drudge that show the groups that supports this guy is pretty unsettling. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Again, Bri is dead on, I wouldn't want to be a dirty cop in that area right now, seriously scary.

Fixed it for ya. The guy has only killed cops (which I assume are only dirty, so the honorable ones should be at ease), so I think it's safe to say citizens aren't directly in danger. The possibility of collateral damage is always there, but he seems pretty well trained.

I think every police officer in the country should be re-polygraphed. Ask the same questions they do in pre hire. See which cops have turned dirty after the academy. Let the dirty one's get washed out (the country should also be able to know the percentage of those let go), and let the honorable know what it feels like to be treated a criminal, and be guilty until proven innocent.

Lot of good, clean cops would get fired and the same number of dirty cops would get through.

I've taken two polys(polies?). Same questions. Same Answers. "Indicated" on different questions each time.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by impulse impulse wrote:

The guy has only killed cops (which I assume are only dirty, so the honorable ones should be at ease), so I think it's safe to say citizens aren't directly in danger. 
My understanding is that he only killed one cop-the other two were a couple in which the woman was the daughter of the officer who represented him. So as far as the count goes is 1 cop and 2 collateral damage which is a pretty crappy record for a guy that's so well trained.

This guy is scum and the sooner they put a bullet in him the better. I'm all down for whistle blowing, but murder shows his true character and that the PD might not have been wrong in firing him to begin with. Rather than clearing his name, he's proving them right. At this point he's a cold blooded murder pointing fingers at racists and biggots.

As far as the actual whistle blowing, my dad was a cop and I'm friends with alot of cops. The PD is just like any thing else-you get good and bad. The protectionism and cover ups go on at every job in every occupation from janitors to the white house, it's human nature. It doesn't make it right, but it also means that this basically every department that employers a large number of people. You put 100 people in a room, statistically one of them is probably off in the head and generally that one will aquire a following.

I'm not trying to justify crooked cops, it just seems like the public rallies behind these guys in a weird, morbid fashion. Cops are just middle income workers and I really do believe that the vast majority of them are good people in bad situations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic