FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tipping? Not on God's watch.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tipping? Not on God's watch.
    Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:53pm
I'm sure you've all been bombarded with this on FB and Reddit, but I fight it incredibly infuriating and when you're bored and broke gettin' your jimmies rustled is about all the fun you can have.

Pastor dodges paying a tip for a 20 person meal by paying for each separately and leaving a pissy note.

Also, the girl got fired for complaining on the internet about her problems because a 2 dollar an hour industry demands high levels of professionalism when dealing with stress.

My thoughts-the tip system sucks. Forcing the public to pay for a service that you're providing is costly to the consumer and unfair to the worker. Also, it's sexist. If you have big boobs and flirt you'll make bank over a guy.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:04pm
Because 10% of your total income and 18% of your food bill are completely comparable.

Stupid, stupid people.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

Because 10% of your total income and 18% of your food bill are completely comparable.

Stupid, stupid people.

I think that's what really got me. Not only was this pastor's statement stingy, it was really dumb. This is a person that's supposed to be educating her flock on a Book that she quite obviously understands nothing of. A royal dumbass.

Also, a royal dumbass that lives off of the gratuity of others. That 10% that goes to "God" paid for 20 people to eat at Applebees. Cyclical I suppose.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I'm sure you've all been bombarded with this on FB and Reddit, but I fight it incredibly infuriating and when you're bored and broke gettin' your jimmies rustled is about all the fun you can have.

Pastor dodges paying a tip for a 20 person meal by paying for each separately and leaving a pissy note.

Also, the girl got fired for complaining on the internet about her problems because a 2 dollar an hour industry demands high levels of professionalism when dealing with stress.

My thoughts-the tip system sucks. Forcing the public to pay for a service that you're providing is costly to the consumer and unfair to the worker. Also, it's sexist. If you have big boobs and flirt you'll make bank over a guy.

Actually - Generally speaking, professional male waiters make more than their female counterparts. While I served, though making 2.65 per hour, I averaged any where between $16-20 an hour depending on season.

I also got most of my meals free, and many servers dramatically under -claimed their tips and avoided a good deal of taxation.

I did well enough serving that despite my career as a Radiologic Technologists I often think about taking it back up part time.

In fact, serving pays so well it is not unusual for the servers to be the highest grossing position in a restaurant.

It's not as bad as whiny poor servers make it out to seem.

As for unfair to the consumer? Alright, lets consider inflating servers pay scales to minimum wage,a solid 6 or so more dollars an hour. You think the businesses are just going to absorb the cost? They will hand it over to the consumer, at probably a larger amount than actually needed. At least with a tipping system you have a choice. 

Edited by *Stealth* - 01 February 2013 at 10:59am
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic