FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Luck I have

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Luck I have
    Posted: 30 January 2013 at 9:45am
Decided to sell my old 94 Kaw KDX-200, getting out of dirt biking before I break something important, and to get into Momma's good graces over this new train hobby thing.

Posted on Craigslist for $750 to include all my riding gear. I went into mancave, drained the stay-billed fuel I winterized it with, premixed some 95octain and good 40:1 synthetic racing oil and it ran like a scalded ape.

A 'kid' still in high school teenager along with his dad came over to look at it, kid wagging his tail about his first 'bike' and Dad was going for it because it was a KDX rather than the MX KX, and all the gear in one package. All excited, cash in hand......

And the bike would not start..............aaarrrggghhhhhhhh............
Changed plugs, opened air cleaner, filled carb bowl with good clean fuel, and still nada.

Dad stated he did not know enough about bikes and it 'not running' concerned him, so they left with their cash. Last night it fired up and ran like a top with 2 kicks...........aaarrrrgggghhhhhh again.

I think it is possesed or something and likes it here.........

Edited by oldsoldier - 30 January 2013 at 9:47am
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:18am
You may be done with the bike, but the bike ain't done with you...
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:55am
^^ He has a point.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:26am
The bike went yesterday. Cleaned carb, good fuel, one kick and brrrraaaaap, she fired right up. Another buyer showed up to look, wanted it to chase 'grandkids'. He kicked it, fired right up, we took it out on the road so he could ride it, he admitted he had little expierience with bikes. I told him to roll power on slow, and wham off he went, under control but flying down the road.

He came back big smile, so how fast is it? I suggested I turn it down for him a 'tad', which we did. SO he loaded it up $750 exchanged and off he went. And off we went to the Train Show, and $750 did not go far......

Here is my spring 'present':
http://powersports.honda.com/2013/crf250l/street.aspx

Just to bang around 'the farm', putter back and forth to the 'squeegie' quick mart, and to pull the lights and do the occasional 'endurocross'.

Edited by oldsoldier - 03 February 2013 at 10:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic