Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

apexx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qwertyuiop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwertyuiop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: apexx
    Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:57am
what is the difference between the apex 1 and apex 2?
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:18am
Looks and serviceability.

The apex 1 was shorter and fatter and required you to unscrew a few screws to disassemble it for cleaning it was also all plastic The apex 2 is a bit longer and not as fat (looks similar to a suppressor), has a toolless disassembly and has an aluminum shroud.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
qwertyuiop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwertyuiop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 8:39pm
do they both shoot the same?
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 12:17pm
Yeah they shoot pretty much identical.  
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 3:19pm
I'd say they are pretty different... 

The Apex 1 has less ramp than the Apex 2. I set my Apex 1 at 5 clicks for the majority of my shots, and the Apex 2 shoots the same at 3 clicks, and 4 clicks is even flatter. Where 6 clicks on the Apex 1 is hooking the paint. 

Plus the Apex 2 has a longer tip that locks in better to the barrel meaning the paint hits the ramp sooner when leaving the barrel giving a little more time on the ramp to "smooth" out. So you get a slightly more consistent shot, as everything has tighter tolerances. (the ramp is tighter as well, so modern small paint rolls a little better in it). 

If you have never used either, and you put them on side by side, and set the Apex 1 at 9 clicks and the apex 2 at 9 clicks, you will see that you can hook shots behind bunkers at much closer ranges on the Apex 2 because it has more ramp. 

Is that more ramp worth paying for?... That is up to you, I have lots of friends that are perfectly happy with their Apex 1 at 5 clicks and they just leave it set there. But, some guys like the added spin, so they go for the Apex 2. 

Although the Apex 1 is much easier to adjust while playing, as the apex 2 "button" feature makes it harder to switch ramp positions while playing, especially with gloves on...

I like both. But the Apex 2 looks cooler, and hooks more, so that is what I use. Here is mine at 250 feet set at 4 clicks...

http://blip.tv/trailsofdoom/if-i-see-you-i-can-hit-you-tippmann-a-5-long-range-shooting-250-feet-6515953

Now, don't expect to be able to hit guys at 250 feet right after you get one, as I have been using the Apex system since they came out... But, with the right paint, and someone who has a lot of practice with one, they are amazing...
They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic