Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phenom Flatline Paint Suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
s9ac3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s9ac3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phenom Flatline Paint Suggestions?
    Posted: 29 January 2013 at 11:49pm
@all,

Sup guys. I barely got the Flatline and I am somewhat disappointed like many others out there. I'm out here in Southern California which has great weather even in the winter. I was at SC Village couple days ago with the Flatline barrel using Ultra Evil paint and was breaking every 2 out of 10 balls at 240fps while my brother's A-5/Flatline velocity set at 250fps had no chops the whole day using the same paint from the same case. For the last couple of days, I've been trying to fine tune the Flatline and I've managed to make it work with no chops on the Ultra Evil. My velocity's set at 200fps and I cleaned out the barrel with hot water. However, I would like to set my velocity to at least 250fps-280fps. Can anyone recommend to me a paint brand that has quality and thicker shell to withstand the higher velocity for a good price. I know that Marbs is one of the brands that Tippmann used to test out the Flatline or so I've read in another forum but the Marbs, I think, is a little too expensive for me. I'm a newbie playing against other beginners and intermediate players. I would appreciate it If someone could name a couple of brands that's ranging 45-55 dollars that has a thicker shell but able to pop on target. Or if anyone is using the Phenom/Flatline setup, how did you to get it to work without paint breakage and what brand paint you prefer.
Newbie w/ Tippmann X7 Phenom Mechanical, Flatline Barrel, 45ci/4500psi ninja, dye i4,.. currently shopping for a remote line/harness, all the little extras come later.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 8:42am
I've never had a break out of my flatline... Course I use an A-5... I've even shot it at 300fps without problems. 

I used the following with no problems, Xball Scenario paint, Empire munitions, Premium, and tons of other cheap paints. 

Can you roll a paintball through the barrel without it stopping inside? If not, the ball size is to big. 

I've also read somewhere that the phenom and crossover push the ball further into the barrel than other markers, so you can't use inserts with them without causing breaks. I wonder if it may be something like that...

With any backspin system, you want a hard shell paint, that is brittle, so it breaks at long range with lower fps. I use shiny shelled paintballs personally as they seem to work best. 
They tremble at my name...
Parts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 6:27pm
Ultra Evil is a super brittle tourney paint.  Not what you want in the Flatline.  The Flatline works by grabbing the paintball and making it roll down the barrel.  I have always found that round, slightly harder, paintballs are the best.  If you are spending the cast for Ultra Evil, consider Marbalizer instead.  It will get great results.   Also, make sure your paintballs are not oily.  Oily can make the balls spin (roll) inconsistently. 
Tech at TippmannParts.com
We do everything Tippmann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic