FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thought of the day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thought of the day
    Posted: 02 February 2013 at 12:13am
I am surprised. Just substitute grade point average for money. A perfect social comparison. You don't understand it because you are not yet the target of it...yet. Wait till you get older and your taxes go up and up and up, and you see some 'poor,poor,pitiful,spoiled' me demonstration by the 'Occupy' crowd of that time, and tell me you won't feel just a tad upset.

Oh and the you can keep your own health care insurance, and Obamacare will be cheaper 'promise' went right down the crapper now didn't, as we were 'promised' all would be better, and less expensive. $20,000 annually family of 5, for the cheaper of the Obamacare plans, buy it or we will 'fine' (tax) you. Basically you the American taxpayer have been strongarmed into paying the premium or paying the 'fine' either way the government gets your money, and if I remmember you also stated that this would not happen.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-cheapest-obamacare-plan-will-be-20000-family Best of luck in your future, wife, kids, $20K in the hole before you start the year. I have VA, and Momma is now on CHAMP VA so we pay NADA, meet the IRS requirement, and laugh at all those who voted for this clown and his cabal.

Edited by oldsoldier - 02 February 2013 at 12:15am
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 12:11am
Originally posted by OS OS wrote:

Just a boring friday night arguement there strat....you need to take chill pills. Fun is where you find it and rattling the cages of the 'youngins' sometimes has its own humor to it.

I type a million words a second and tend to overstate my own arguments, everything I've ever posted is a book

Trust me, no ill will intended I do this to relax.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Try the Grade point average arguement at school and see what response you get.

Attempting to connect GPA with social welfare programs has been done before, the two are not comparable in neither form nor function. 

I'm also confused as to what that attempted comparison has to do with the concept of the original image, which proposed that those who are employed are being "overwhelmed" by those who "vote for a living," despite available statistics showing that there is a clear correlation with income and voter turnout. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 9:38pm
Just a boring friday night arguement there strat....you need to take chill pills. Fun is where you find it and rattling the cages of the 'youngins' sometimes has its own humor to it.

And whale you will get it as your generation begins to pay for the one following you who do not seem to you as dedicated to the level of success you attained, and feel you 'owe' them something from your hard work. Has happend to every generation since Ceaser.

Try the Grade point average arguement at school and see what response you get.

Why Whale you have a 4.0, and poor underprivlegded Johnny over there with all his problems just has a 2.0. So to be 'fair' lets just give him one of you grade points and you both now have 3.0's, now that is 'equality'. Whale what do you mean your worked for your 4.0 and Johnny does not seem as dedicated, that's not the point, you 'owe' that grade point to him since you came by it so easily, and poor Johnny has tyo work so hard, and overcome so much. And yes Whale, Johnny will work harder from now on to be your equal so you get to compete with him in your job market. It does not matter that you feel more qualified for the job since you worked harder for it, we are talking about 'equality' here, you are just being greedy trying to keep your grade point.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 8:50pm

You mean that NO ONE voted for Santa Clause (Obama) just to continue or increase the amount of purely for the dependant benifit programs? 

That's not what I'm saying. 

Quote No one voted to ensure that the providers are taxed more for the dependant programs to be funded or increased?

That's not what I'm saying. 

Quote What is the unemployment rate, the true rate, not the BRAVO SIERRA 7.9%, how many are totally dependant on government benifit programs, and which way to you think THEY voted. 

The premise of the original image was that those employed are being "overwhelmed" by those with no employment, who are shown by the image to be "voting for a living," visually demonstrated sitting on a stoop with a backwards hat.

Looking at it at the core of the argument, let's use the upper-level, "U-6" numbers for unemployment, which unlike the mid-range "U-3," which you called fake (Despite being the long-standing official numbers used by the Department of Labor), factor in those who are not actively seeking a job (The willful unemployed and the discouraged unemployed) and those who are working part-time but seeking full-time employment. The U-6 is currently, best I can find, at 14.4 percent. 

Keep in mind that of that 14.4 percent, it includes people working part-time. 

How would it be feasible that 14.4 percent, even with the assumption that all 14.4 percent of them are voting Democrat (Assuming this is coming from the "Democrats want more welfare" angle). How feasible is it that all 14.4 percent are even voting in the first place, given the statistics I posted from multiple studies showing that there is a reverse correlation between income and voting percentage. 

So even if the stars aligned and all 14.4 percent not only voted, but all 14.4 percent voted Democrat, that 14.4 percent of the population is "overwhelming" the other 85.6 percent, especially understanding the influence of capital on governmental decisions. 

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 7:37pm

You mean that NO ONE voted for Santa Clause (Obama) just to continue or increase the amount of purely for the dependant benifit programs?

No one voted to ensure that the providers are taxed more for the dependant programs to be funded or increased?

Translation: I didn't bother reading either post debunking my own but rather continued my rant.

Originally posted by I I wrote:

Most generally the highest voter turnout comes in with the older population, and more often than not they vote Democrat to ensure that their benefits aren't screwed with.

Yes, Obama was voted in, and yes, statistically it was your generation not ours that had the most say.

Here's the statistics straight from Census.gov.

80% of people making 100K a year voted as opposed to 50% being under 20K (and therefore eligible for welfare)

75% of people between 64-75 voted as opposed to around 45% of people 18 to 24.
Out of the 5 milion additional voters who went to the polls in 2008 only 1 million of those were 18-24, the rest fell into the 25+ range.

All of the crap about welfare voters deciding elections is just that-crap. And Obama won by a nice majority, meaning that lots of you wisened older folk cast their vote for him as well.

Not to mention the fact that political affiliation has as much to do with region as anything else. If poor people are to "blame" for Obama why are the poor, Southern states overwhelmingly Republican? Why did every trailer park and hillbilly town on the planet have anti-Obama signs where I live? Hard to explain that with "damn poor people" rants.

Edited by stratoaxe - 01 February 2013 at 7:44pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 7:06pm
"So, in short, cute image, but it's based in exactly 0% reality"
   agentwhale007

No one voted to ensure that the providers are taxed more for the dependant programs to be funded or increased?

What is the unemployment rate, the true rate, not the BRAVO SIERRA 7.9%, how many are totally dependant on government benifit programs, and which way to you think THEY voted.

And you call yourself a journalist, I am disappointed in the bias shown.

Edited by oldsoldier - 01 February 2013 at 7:08pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 6:50pm
I thought Fox News was bigger than the others combined.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 6:45pm

Edited by oldsoldier - 01 February 2013 at 6:46pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 10:57am
So, in short, cute image, but it's based in exactly 0% reality. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 10:56am
Quote Furthermore, there are enormous disparities that exist in America across income levels in all forms of participation, particularly voting. A study on these disparities found that 86% of people with incomes above $75,000 claim to have voted in presidential elections as compared with only 52% of people with incomes under $15,000. As a result of the participation disparity across demographic lines, politicians are more responsive to the opinions of high-income constituents. 

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:26am
I honestly think some people are stupid not to vote. It's incredibly easy and takes no time at all.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:44pm
I have pretty limited research on the topic, but I'm fairly certain that voter turnout actually goes up with income and age.

Most generally the highest voter turnout comes in with the older population, and more often than not they vote Democrat to ensure that their benefits aren't screwed with.

Ironically, it's the elderly that have the most lobby representation and whose votes carry the most weight in this country and it's the poverty stricken children who never had a chance to decide who take the blame for all of it.

Even more ironically-it's the anti-welfare right who decries abortion as evil and therefore support a higher population of poverty level children they don't want being supported.

See, I can play Facebook politics too Wink

And yes, I'm aware I absolutely wasted my time on this post, but I'm quite bored and haven't seen this place in a while.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 2:00am
Suffer not the alien to live.

That guy has the best PR department.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:54pm
Innocence proves nothing
The Emperor protects.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:22pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 9:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic