FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I wish I was The Government

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I wish I was The Government
    Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:55pm
As I build my new City in my model railraod, I am confronted with massive economic forces where I can not expand as I wish. One od the forces who determines the availability of funds just says no, I have gone out and spent 'out of budget' but not broken the bank, but yet still feel the wrath of my home economy Czar. Unlike our current government I have not gone into the negative in the home checkbook. Even supporting a few wars of Bolt Action and Flames of War minitures.

If I were only the US Government, I would go out and 'buy' my entire "Empire", build it, expand it, and then fill all of it's needs, and then just bill my Grandchildren for it....Works for the Obama Administration, why can't I do it?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:59pm
Que pasa?

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:15pm
uh..
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:26pm
Translation; His wife vetoed his hobby spending, he still thinks the politicians are detached and unaccountable, and his pain meds are working just fiiiiiiine. 
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Translation; His wife vetoed his hobby spending, he still thinks the politicians are detached and unaccountable, and his pain meds are working just fiiiiiiine. 

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 12:23am
As long as we're doing this, I wish I was the government in general, and this administration in particular, so I to could violate the highest laws of the land and blow off the courts.

For those who haven't been following it, just google "Obama violates constitution" for an interesting read on the DC court of appeals ruling that certain appointments were unconstitutional and the administrations spokes people basically saying since they disagree they will ignore the decision.

For those who don't get the parallel to OS's post, I'm saying that I'm not willing to violate the highest laws of my personal residence and ignore the authorities in charge.*

*Otherwise known as "momma, spousal unit, the missus, the old ball and chain**, off-duty supervisor, etc.

**Not where I can be overheard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic