Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone Friendly Paintballs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
far_side View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote far_side Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone Friendly Paintballs?
    Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:26pm
Hi - new user, new owner of an A-5. I recently went to our local park and used some paintballs that I had purchased from a sports store and they turned out to not be able to handle the paddles inside of the cyclone feeder very well. 

Are there any paintballs that can be considered to be more "friendly" towards the cyclone feeders? A quick google search seems to indicate RPS Stingers, but I wanted to check on this forum to see what the consensus has been with people who actually use and own them.

Thanks!
s9ac3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s9ac3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 5:19pm
@Far_side,

Sup man. I am new to paintballing too. However, my brother owns an A-5 and we used RPS Ultra Evil couple of days ago. There were no breakage for his stock A-5 w/ Flatline barrel. I on the other hand have a X7 Phenom and did not get ball breakage in the cyclone feed. I'm out here in California which has the best weather in the U.S. so the weather isn't too harsh on the paintballs making it more brittle than it already is. I think I've also read some where in these forums that Tippmann tests all their guns with the Marbalizers. Its like 75 dollars for a case. You can probably find it for like 45-55 if you shop around. Hopefully, there will be a Veteran at paintball that can further help you out.
Newbie w/ Tippmann X7 Phenom Mechanical, Flatline Barrel, 45ci/4500psi ninja, dye i4,.. currently shopping for a remote line/harness, all the little extras come later.
far_side View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote far_side Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 6:50pm
Thanks s9!  Will take a look at those - hopefully find them cheaper.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 8:07pm
I recommend Winter Fill paintballs for the winter. I know here regular paintballs can get too brittle in freezing temperatures.

In warmer weather I use mid grade paintballs. Good breaking shell not as delicate as high end tourney paint.
far_side View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote far_side Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 1:26pm
Thanks Evil - Are the RPS "Stingers" considered a mid grade ball? Or better yet, what is considered a mid grade ball?
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 8:20pm
infinity, xball scenario, empire munitions, and draxxus field are all great paints considered "mid range". 
They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic