FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Tub "fun"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Tub "fun"
    Posted: 24 January 2013 at 1:20pm
Been having trouble with the hot tub, my daily soaks eases the pain in my legs and a look foward to. Only bad part is getting out wet and the dash to the bedroom door 20meters away in 1* weather.

We had some cold weather issues with it and $700 later was working fine again. Yesterday it again blew the main circuit breaker on the 'mancave' outside wall. Hot tube guy came out again for 'free' since problem was not resolved and could not figure out what was happening cause the circuit board tested fine, the pumps tested fine, could not find reason.

Just as a hunch I pulled the facing from the circuit breaker box on the mancave wall and it was half filled with ICE. We have not had snow or any weather so I was stummped, till I chipped away some of the Ice. The conduit pipe from the pool which is a tad higher to the circuit box was filled with ICE. Traced back and a small leak from a pump fitting lined up perfectly with the incoming conduit pipe and basically filled the conduit and overflowed into the circuit breaker box till it all froze.

So at 15* no way to fix this now, so had to drain the entire tube and lines, and we get to wait now till spring when it all thaws out to fix all this. Goin to miss my daily soaks......
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 2:41pm
That sucks dude.

So, was anyone else expecting a tale of romantic exploits from the title?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

That sucks dude.

Was going to say, this is not what I was expecting.

But yeah, that sucks.  Hopefully winter goes by swiftly for you.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

That sucks dude.

Romantic exploits with a hot tub jet.

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:17pm
we use ours at -30/-40, works like a champ.  Your hair freezes from the steam, real fun when you dive into the snow and jump back into the hot tub.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 8:18am
I'll admit, I clicked to open hesitantly and with eyes squinted shut in fear that there were going to be pictures I couldnt unsee.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 10:44am
Yes, those days are long over. The dreams of bikini (or non) clad girls serving my every whim....age does take it's toll. And hate to tell you all, you too will join that club, and be like 'Walter' (Jeff Dunhams grouchy old guy puppet)

Step daughter is having her graduation 'Hot Tub Party' and is concerned that I need to get it working by then. I will be elsewhere that day, my mind and head will explode between the music and the expected idiocy.

Edited by oldsoldier - 25 January 2013 at 10:46am
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 11:54am
OS, please, please, please sit on the front porch with your M1A, dogs, and a cooler full of PBR so you can scowl at the children. You'll be my hero.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 12:07pm
Bedroom porch overlooks hot tub, better intimidation spot I would think.

12ga would be better and one of those old country "Cracker Barrel" rockers, would do the local brew.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Yes, those days are long over. The dreams of bikini (or non) clad girls serving my every whim....age does take it's toll. And hate to tell you all, you too will join that club, and be like 'Walter' (Jeff Dunhams grouchy old guy puppet)

Step daughter is having her graduation 'Hot Tub Party' and is concerned that I need to get it working by then. I will be elsewhere that day, my mind and head will explode between the music and the expected idiocy.

Are her friends 18?

I'll supervise.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Bedroom porch overlooks hot tub, better intimidation spot I would think.

12ga would be better and one of those old country "Cracker Barrel" rockers, would do the local brew.

I was going for the pure Gran Torino theme. Creeping on the kids from the bedroom porch might be a bit much and you don't want her friends thinking she's weird.

Or, alternately, you could hang around inside with your 1911 on your hip, and halfway through her party thing you could blow up some tannerite or something to scare the crap out of the kids.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic