FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skiing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skiing
    Posted: 21 January 2013 at 10:44am
Just got back from a weekend in the Bavarian Alps.  Definitely the best skiing I have ever done, which isn't saying a lot, but it was still fantastic.  

Stopped by Neuschwanstein on the way.

The view from the top of one of the runs on the Hausberg mountain the first day.

The second day we went up to the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany at almost 10,000 feet, for more skiing.  The snow was much better up here and the lines at the lifts were exponentially shorter.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:03pm
Always wanted to go snowboarding. Some day. Some day.

Nice views.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:44pm
I miss skiing, have not been since knees replaced. While stationed in Germany our weekend trips to Garmisch (Edelweiss) the US Army rec center and blasting down the Alps at wartp speed. Lover the Alps and all the touring and skiing I did there.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 4:55pm
Ive only been skiing for about a year and last month was the first time I skied outside the state of Michigan.  These pictures are from Utah.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 7:02pm
I have grown to love skiing since I came out to Colorado this season. I have skied every day this year since New Years Eve. I get to do a 3 mile ski run every day after work. It's pretty sweet. On new years eve I was struggling going fast on greens. Now I can do blacks.

Yeah skiing!:

My commute to work:

The loading dock:

Some random kid at the terrain park:

Edited by jmac3 - 22 January 2013 at 7:12pm
Que pasa?

Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 10:12pm

Took leave and went boarding with my mother nad brother about a year ago.

I'm on the right... And I'm the older brother.

Edited by Ace_Of_Spades - 22 January 2013 at 10:13pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 11:58pm
AoS, how is Heavenly?

I kind of want to go work there next winter. The company I work for now owns it.
Que pasa?

Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 12:33am
from what I remember it was pretty nice. They had alot of the runs closed off because they had to throw all the fake snow up there since it was a warmer than usual winter.

I've got a GoPro video somehwere of it. I had the suction cup mount on the front/back of the board (depending on which side I decided to face going down.

Now that I actually start to think about it, it was "ok". they had quite a few runs, but many of the ones near or at the summit(s) were kinda poopy at the beginning. There was alot of mud, ice and rocks that you had to look out for and I know there are a couple of real hard wipeouts I had from hitting or slipping on them in the middle of a turn or cut.

And one SUPER bad scorpion, my board smacked into the back of my head, thank god a decided to wear my helmet that year.

Edited by Ace_Of_Spades - 23 January 2013 at 12:58am
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:08am
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

These pictures are from Utah.

That's my home that's my home!
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:15am
Well I meant more the area/town. The skiing was pretty bad everywhere last year. It was the worst year they've ever had here in Vail.
Que pasa?

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:30am
Conditions and the hill itself are different things, and can change daily, even with man-made snow.I could take runs on a mountain and have a vague idea of the potential, but let me know the equipment and snowmaking system, I can check a weather report and have a pretty damn good idea of what to expect. Our mountain is crap, only 500' of elevation change but our snow quality is a lot better than places with different setups.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic