FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kayback!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kayback!
    Posted: 17 January 2013 at 3:20pm
For the love of all that is holy, please buy this and then give me all the details on it so I can live vicariously through you. That sucker would got for almost $2k over here right now, not the paltry $1000 they're asking for it!

Link
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 4:32am
I'd love to get one. I enjoy shooting them. I don't have the $ to buy it or to feed it :(

That one looks really good though.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:10am
Yeah, I just bought my receiver from Century Arms here in the US. Found parts-kits with everything you need for $479, so I'll be building one soon. I just wish it had that baby-crap yellow-green cammo on it.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:42pm
We were actually discussing this very gun at work today. There are about 5 of us interested in it.

I have a lead on a couple of thousand 7.62mm Ball rounds. It may be worth my time to get it for the free ammo.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

We were actually discussing this very gun at work today. There are about 5 of us interested in it.

I have a lead on a couple of thousand 7.62mm Ball rounds. It may be worth my time to get it for the free ammo.

Niiiice! I got all upset when I found out that the last of the Rhodie parts over her went in the first weeks of the panic. I've got a line on some other metric parts, but no RSA/Rhodesian parts from what I understand. Which is a shame for me since I like collecting and shooting for the historic sense. And given that the Bush War saw the most use of the FAL in actual combat, well, that makes the ones from your neck of the woods the ones I'd want since they'd actually have seen combat. It's like my 91/30 from 1943. I can virtually guarantee you it saw combat in the Second World War. Same with my '41 Tula 1895 Nagant Revolver and the P-08 Luger my grandfather brought back. Instead, I'm going to be getting some Imbel parts, not bad from a function and quality standpoint, but still....
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 10:29pm
Tallen, has the quality and tolerances improved on Century Arms receivers? Years ago I had an HK knock off and was a POS. It had a Century Arms receiver.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:06am
The HK knockoff wasn't really a HK knockoff, it was a CETME which is what HK was based on. Even in their original configuration, CETMEs were finickey. As for the CAI ones, their receivers for those were hit and miss. For the original R1A1 (L1A1) FALs, they used IMBEL for the receivers which was good since they're the only Americas based producer with FN Herstal made tooling. Then they switched to a cast receiver from some no-name in the states which was so-so, and now they're with North Country Engineering which makes very good cast and milled receivers. Argentine and IMBEL kits are all that's left out there, and they work well with the new Century receivers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic