FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vidya Games Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vidya Games Thread
    Posted: 16 January 2013 at 8:00am
So what are you lads playing at the moment?

A brief unemployment skit has me once again overindulging in video games Big smile

My current list-

Assassin's Creed 3
Planetside 2
Borderlands 2
Battlefield 3 (Picked up the new premium edition for the PC at target for 30 bucks, awesome deal)
Forza Horizon
Mass Effect 3

All except Forza on PC.

So far ME 3 and Borderlands 2 have sapped the most of my spare time (I have surprisingly little for being jobless.) Assassin's Creed 3 seems like a mess. I'm halfway through and it doesn't hold my attention anymore (just like the first 2...)

Planetside 2 seems like it could be fun, but none of my friends have rigs capable of running it and playing it solo is dull. BF 3 is awesome but I'm getting slaughtered on the PC as I'm used to a 360 controller and it just barely supports one.

Forza Horizon is (in my opinion) a poor spin off of 4-if you own 4 I couldn't recommed it.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:13am
Still and only, TFC.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:22pm
A little of Forza Horizon and a lot of Call of Duty Black ops 2.

There are a few games I want but funds are a little tight. I'm also looking foward to a bunch of games in 2013.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:38pm
Lets see:

Bastion
Limbo
Portal
Portal 2
Metro 2033
Arma II
BF3 (xb360)
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:49pm
Fallout: New Vegas. On my third replay IIRC
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 11:09pm
It's older, but Empire Total War on the PC is still taking up my time.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 10:12am
Skryim and waiting for Metro: Last Light.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 10:48am
Pong.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 3:41pm
Mostly Black Ops 2 zombies with a little Forza Horizon thrown in.  Horizon really disappointed me.  There are almost no cars (unless you buy the DLC) and tuning has been dumbed down to retard levels.  I bought it expecting it to be forza 4, but an open free run map.  I was wrong.
cobra_grinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobra_grinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:20pm
Finishing up Assassin's Creed 3. Then i'll be looking for a similar style game. Someone recommended Darksiders to me. Thoughts on that game?

Edited by cobra_grinder - 17 January 2013 at 7:43pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 5:11am
I have a friend who loves AC3, and he loved Darksiders. I have not played either.

I prefer face shooting than stabbing, but AC3 does look interesting.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 6:37am
If you like AC's combat style you'll have a blast with the Arkham games.

The trouble with AC 3 is that it interrupts the game too often in an attempt to be cinematic. You'll spend half the game slow walking or listening to people talk, and the rare times you think the game is going to let you plan an assassination there are very strict rules on how it has to be done, especially if you're trying to complete the side quests. You'll spend alot of the game restarting missions because of that.

It's a nice looking game though, and the combat is fun when it lets you use it.

Darksiders is a strange combo of Zelda and God of War. It's not a bad game, just made me want a new Zelda game

Edited by stratoaxe - 18 January 2013 at 6:40am
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:51pm
I picked up Halo 4 for multiplayer play. I will admit, it's very disappointing (doesn't compare to when we all played Halo 2 back in the day). 

[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 6:14pm
I must be playing AC3 because I managed to kill every Red Coat I could find in Boston. The key to slaughtering dozens of people is use the cover of Riots.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 7:16pm
World of Warcraft, I got sucked back in.
Minecraft
Planetside 2
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

I must be playing AC3 because I managed to kill every Red Coat I could find in Boston. The key to slaughtering dozens of people is use the cover of Riots.

Was doing the same exact thing before even starting into the story.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 2:56am
I've been playing a lot of Far Cry 3 lately, it's pretty awesome.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 4:37am
Garry's Mod actually. I always thought of it as just a sandbox editor, but the multiplayer is awesome. One of the most popular modes is called Trouble in Terrorist Town. Everyone has the same terrorist skin, and most of them are just innocents. There are a few traitors in the group that try to kill the innocents, as well as detectives trying to identify the traitors.

It's a ton of fun, and leads to a lot of paranoia and watching each other, and trying to be sneaky.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 8:59pm
Killing mad redcoats in Lexington. It's way more fun killing them in the woods like I'm Mel
Gibson in the patriot.

What is darksiders? I've never heard of it but apparently according to this thread I should check it out.

I need to play skyrim also.
Que pasa?

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 10:27pm
World of Tanks.
TF2

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic