FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So Reb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 3:25pm
According to a freind here that is a Constitutional Lawyer and does Federal Cases, the new NY Law will not stand a good constitutional review and will lose in the Supreme Court if it goes now while the courts are as they are. The NRA should be on this.

The crux of the case is a totally inadequite definition of 'assault rifle' that is the base of the magazine issue. The original 10rds was based on a compromise between manufacturers and the Feds during the 1994 'ban'. The arbitrary '7' rounds is a total harrasement issue as it is well known several sport as well as classic collectors have 8-10 'standard' can not be readily adapted clips or magazines, M1 Garand, Lee-Enfield, as well as lever actions for sport hunting and cowboy action shooting. If Ruger was smart they would throw out a Ruger 7/22 and flood the NY market with a $200 .22 semi, just to prove a point.

He as well as his peer's see the NY Law as a pre decided we need to wait for a crisis fast fiasco to boost a political agenda rather than address the issue.

He and his buds are with me, all this law did was make 70% of the legal gun owners in NY now criminals and will not affect the criminal elements aquisition of these weapons at all, matter of fact will create a growing criminal enterprise in the trafficing of these weapons (see drugs and prohibition).

Edited by oldsoldier - 16 January 2013 at 3:27pm
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 4:23pm
I am still sick over it. The Diaz bill is completely ridiculous and even covers LEO's. You can own a 10 round pre NY ban magazine BUT you can not put more the 7 rounds in it...**edited** ?? I can keep the "evil features" but have to register them ever 5 years.  You can buy ammo BUT must have a NICS check done each and every time....I would have to either sell my pre ban 1994  hi-cap magazines or turn them in or destroy them.  Now I am worried about the registration of them because I think shortly after that I will have them confiscated and I will be arrested and sent to prison or a re education camp somewhere out side Albany...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 7:05pm
I don't know if any if you caught Obama's gun control suggestions today, but there's a list out there.

I gotta say-he impressed me. His actual executive decisions (if you will I'm not sure that they're orders just yet) were basically common sense "expand on existing laws" type suggestions.

He presented to Congress that they should discuss the AWB and high cap laws but he wouldn't be putting them through executive orders.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:11pm
Well he can't put them through by executive order, and frankly I didn't think he would try. He might have tried to get hi-capacity magazines paired with semi-automatics considered a destructive device by BATFE. They did it with the Striker-12 and some other shotguns with detachable magazines. He can also force through some pretty severe import restrictions to drive up the prices. The NY law does some things right and a lot of things horribly, reducing the magazine capacity allowed by 3 rounds was dumb and a total thumb in the eye of just about every gun owner. A NICS check for ammunition sales just might overload the federal system, I know states run them out of hubs, but holy crap is that going to be a bad time and cost a lot of money, I don't know what's wrong with being able to use a permit for that purpose. I can see checks for magazine purchases, but for every ammo sale, it's a lot to ask. I'm sure they'll try to pay for it with a $.50 tax on every bullet or something else stupid. Overriding local authority in permit issuance sounds like a potential nightmare and another case of NYC bending the rest of the state over. A lot of the provisions of that bill should not pass constitutional muster. Either the NY Ban will poison the well at the federal level for even sane gun control measures, or make Feinstien's bill look reasonable and appealing.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

The way I understand it, if you walk into a gun shop you have to register, but if you go to a gun show you don't? 

State/local rules vary, but rifles/shotguns are not registered anywhere except stringent anti-gun locations like NYC and DC. Handguns may or may not be registered, NJ they are.

The reason why many people have an issue with gunshows is a NICS (National Instant Criminal System) check is done whenever you buy a gun from a store. Whereas at a gunshow anyone can buy a gun since it isn't illegal to sell someone a gun who is over 18 and lives in the same state. 

The left typically wants to propose a ton of 
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 12:03am
Actually, dealers at gun shows are still required to do checks, individuals are not. The vast majority of guns under the roof of a gunshow require a background check to purchase. I still feel a way to run background checks for private sales would do a lot, provided there was mandated reporting for lost and stolen guns, and I wouldn't mind if background check data were held on to for longer than 24 hrs. A registration database gets expensive, but it possible to make gun transfers more traceable after the fact to make prosecution of straw purchasers more feasible. I actually favor every executive action President Obama signed today, since they allow current laws to be more enforceable. Some might be wasted effort and garnered a "meh" response, but nothing unbearable. I hope whatever congressional action takes place looks more like what the president did today and less like what NY did yesterday. I'd call my congressman, but...Gerrymandering. My opinion means jack-all.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 12:18am
I didn't finish my post before. Oops. 

I think a big reason why a lot isn't accomplished is because the left aims for sweeping bans on guns that really has no affect on crime, and the right has the stance of "not one inch" as to not let the left out of control.

In NJ, you're required to get an ID before you can go buy guns, which I think is effective. If there were a federal firearms ID that allowed you to do whatever you wanted (carry/transportation/purchasing/selling) in all American territories I think it would be great. People would be happy because it really restricts those who shouldn't have guns, and lets gun owners use their rights without issue.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 5:41am
We don't need national firearm IDs, we need national IDs for everyone.

The law that requires vehicles made after 2015, to have black boxes. Isn't strict enough. All vehicles on the road should have the same device.

What we could do, is require everyone to use a registered cell phones. Obviously newer ones with GPS capability.

We also need to switch to a cashless society. This would cut down on numerous illegal activities. And also would help the fed reserve save time and money, due to not having to print money.

When need stricter laws, now. It has obviously been shown, Americans have not been able to protect themselves. Nor has the state and local law enforcement. We really should think about repealing the 10th amendment. Obviously our founding fathers could have never envisioned such a complex society that we live in today.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 6:39am
Couple of things I picked up last night listening to some of our instructors, if you already HAVE a magazine that's 8+ on a carry piece, you can use it, but its a misdemeanor to have more than 7 rounds in it.

And, apparently, this bill does NOT exempt LEOs from the magazine or AW ownership ban.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 8:02am
Yep, they did a number on you. LE as well as civilian, and to create a more 'peacefull' NY. Listen in the Bronx right now not a single gunshot heard....blissfull isn't it.

Thats what a my bud said, you just put 7 rounds in any mag you are legal by the wording of the law. He says that the NRA is already preping for the court fight, and a Fed Judge in SEDNY is on board.
So I guess it is time to get that big .44mag you always dreamed of, a good old S&W Model 29, the chief will sign off on that.................

So no Law Enforcement, Private Security firm excemption, bet the elite libs are mad as hell that their personal security while in NY will be limited. And from what I understand the Secret Service also must abide by the law, so no MP5's or big mag .40's, let's see if Obama visits anytime soon. Wonder what Cuomo's security carries, and do they get a 'special pass'.

Edited by oldsoldier - 17 January 2013 at 8:04am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 8:39am
This is just Dandy Andy's resume' fluff for his presidential bid. Mayor Mike probably whispering in his ear. IF the courts side in gun owners favor things might be easier but no one is counting on that. People are already looking to move to different states that are gun friendly. My wife is looking at homes in PA close to the Jersey border so my commute will be closer. Diaz who wrote the SAFE act admitted it will not solve anything when he cast his vote.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 10:25am
As soon as my certificate for law enforcement is done, I'm gonna spend a year or two in municipal police, and get the hell out of the state. NY law enforcement certification is a ticket for just about anywhere else. My wife likes pennsylvania, and I'm not opposed to that either.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

As soon as my certificate for law enforcement is done, I'm gonna spend a year or two in municipal police, and get the hell out of the state. NY law enforcement certification is a ticket for just about anywhere else. My wife likes pennsylvania, and I'm not opposed to that either.

PA township taxes Suuuuuuuuuuck.

My vote is Fairfax County PD in VA or MoCo PD here in MD. I know this nice, quiet neighborhood in the rural part of the county where a bunch of police officers live. There's an 01FFL on the street that gives the friends and family discount, and rush-hour traffic is literally 5 horses. Lots of kids Jack's age, good schools. City pay at country living prices. And you'd be close to forum members like Shorty BP Tallen702 and Picasso.....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 11:20am
Tallen, taxes in PA are great, as are housing prices. At least in the area Cessman was looking into.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Tallen, taxes in PA are great, as are housing prices. At least in the area Cessman was looking into.

You mean close to the armpit of America (NJ)? No thanks.

If you want to move to PA, move to the Lehigh Valley near Jim Thorpe. Beautiful up there.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

My wife and I still are actively looking. I need to be about an hour drive from Pine Brook NJ. I have one year to find a new home and 2 months before my hi caps become felony material.
Now the real bad news, I just found out my name had been released on Gawker's pdf naming who has pistols in the NYC area....
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 9:28pm
If you do decide to move to the area, you have to join my range. It's $25 a year and you can basically do whatever you want. The worst part about the area you're looking into is the local pizza is god awful and borderline edible, and the Stroudsburg walmart is scary.

Talent, NJ may be bad, but at least it isn't the inbreeding capital :D
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 10:21pm
I don't get it, having an picture ID for voting a another constitutional right, the right to vote, is a prejudicial and immoral and 'unconstitutional act. So A picture Voting Rights ID Card is verbotten, but a National Fire Arm Owner ID Card is needed, go figure. But having gun owners register and have an ID on call for anytime you want to engage in another constitutional right is OK with the lefty's.

BTW Lincoln and Omaha are hiring Reb, great cost of living, really low property costs as well as property taxes, and we are a 'Red' State of 'Rednecks' and 'Gun Owners' per the local lefty's. You will be right at home here, and only a 24hour AMTRAK ride to Albany.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 6:45am
Move to Texas. Most of our departments start out at close to 50K and the cost of living is super low (my neighbors' 1700 sq foot house just sold for 80K.)

Hunting leases everywhere, lakes within an hour of you no matter what, and more guns than teeth. Not to mention all of the government land around here if you're into shotguns or bows.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Move to Texas. Most of our departments start out at close to 50K and the cost of living is super low (my neighbors' 1700 sq foot house just sold for 80K.)

Hunting leases everywhere, lakes within an hour of you no matter what, and more guns than teeth. Not to mention all of the government land around here if you're into shotguns or bows.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic