FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So Reb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Reb
    Posted: 15 January 2013 at 11:56am
How many now illegal weapons do you now own in New York, you 'criminal'.

You did read ther new law and restrictions didn't you.

You have a year, before you are a defined by law 'criminal' if you own anything that fits the requirements of idiocy from NY.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 12:13pm
Yeah, I read it, don't get me started.

Unreal.

Things like Ruger 10/22s and M1 Carbines are now classified as 'assault weapons'

And tubular magazines in lever actions and shotguns that hold more than 7 rounds are illegal.

As far as what I've got, No comment, though I should be pretty safe, most of my collection are old military rifles, and not the newer AR based evils. - they're cheaper.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 2:11pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:49pm
any semi auto shotgun that takes a screw in choke falls under the ban if im not mistaken...

nm, went and read the bill. someone missed the part where it was talking about pistols...

though the laws are going to be a pain. i think my buddy has a bunch of guns that will eventually break the law. i will see if he wants to ship them here for safe keeping.

Edited by merc - 15 January 2013 at 9:02pm
saving the world, one warship at a time.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 9:31pm
See I'm for some more gun control but stuff like this is silly....
Que pasa?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

any semi auto shotgun that takes a screw in choke falls under the ban if im not mistaken...

nm, went and read the bill. someone missed the part where it was talking about pistols...

though the laws are going to be a pain. i think my buddy has a bunch of guns that will eventually break the law. i will see if he wants to ship them here for safe keeping.

He has to transfer them to you to do so, otherwise it's a federal felony.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 11:32pm
I think it's dumb, and clearly and attempt at just screwing legal gun owners. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy I live in NJ. The fact that the mag capacity laws apply to non-semi autos is just dumb, and the oddball number of seven is purely to cause unnecessary hassle to the gun owners. I feel bad for those with lever action rifles, Lee Enfield types, SKS', and any handgun that isn't a revolver or 1911. Although it's a good time for them to buy a real handgun now :D
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 12:29am
Wow. New York is now worse than Canada when it comes to gun control.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 1:16am
This new round of gun control "discussion" is driving me crazy.

It's times like this where I get torn between my conservative and liberal head voices. Mostly because I detest the idea of a nanny state deciding what's best for the people against the majority rule.

Originally posted by Reb Reb wrote:

Things like Ruger 10/22s and M1 Carbines are now classified as 'assault weapons'

Just wait until this stuff starts hitting the national scale. It seems to me that the vast majority of gun control legislation right now amounts to "Oh, I've never actually seen or held a gun but that one looks scary so ban it." At least if they went after pistols it would make sense-this is ignorance at its finest.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 8:01am
All this legislation does is make legal, law-abiding gun owners in the state of NY accidental criminals with this legislation. Essentially they've been given a choice. Either register your weapon and have it not be transferable, or break the law and claim you no longer have said weapon. It's going to create a black market making it even harder to trace the weapons to crimes and hold people accountable. It's a classic example of prohibition-era "feel-good morality" laws creating the very problems they were attempting to prevent. The difference is that at the end of prohibition, it's biggest promoters realized it was a mistake that created organized crime as we know it and admitted that it was a failed experiment. Today, people are so entrenched in their political affiliations and products of a society where blame is couched in the term "accountability" that they'll never ever admit that their own legislation is what is going to cause there to be an uptake in black market sales in the state of NY.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:22am
Not to mention the hit that legitimate business is going to take in NY. No more magazines that hold more than 7 rounds, no more common sport rifles like the 10/22s, lever actions are going to be problematic...

You're talking about an UPTICK in gun related crimes, though not necessarily violence related, and a downturn in businesses that can no longer sell popular guns or accessories in the state.

And the whole time, the crack dealer in Newburgh is making 0 attempts to register his guns or limit his magazine capacities.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:30am
Meanwhile, I just bought my FAL receiver.

Had to get it in before MD goes full retards as well.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:27am
The federal recommendations are due out any day now. I don't really think NY is going to be alone in its insanity for very long. 

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:43am
Wonder if this movement will pick up steam? http://washingtonexaminer.com/wyoming-lawmakers-propose-bill-to-nullify-new-federal-gun-laws/article/2518133#.UPa97Ge8CSo

Edited by oldpbnoob - 16 January 2013 at 10:45am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:51am
There's a bill in Texas proposing to prosecute any feds who enter the state with the intention to enforce any of the coming gun legislation. It won't pass, I'm sure, but the dissent is definitely there.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 1:00pm
http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-asks-doctors-help-deal-guns_696121.html
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Wonder if this movement will pick up steam? http://washingtonexaminer.com/wyoming-lawmakers-propose-bill-to-nullify-new-federal-gun-laws/article/2518133#.UPa97Ge8CSo

I think Indiana passed a similar law.  Apparently it only applies to guns made and sold within the borders though.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 2:45pm
Not to feed into the FEesque anti media BS, but I do find it odd that there seems to be very little being reported about this aspect of things.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Not to feed into the FEesque anti media BS, but I do find it odd that there seems to be very little being reported about this aspect of things.

The media reports in NY are focusing on the 'keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill' aspects of this thing, and mentioning very little about the more intrusive aspects of it.

Its no secret that Cuomo wants the White house in a few years, so he rush-jobbed things to be able to put out a bill before Biden did so he can say "See what I did there?" when it comes time to convince the Federal level democrats that he's the man for the nomination.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 3:05pm

Whats sad, is I am really all for stricter controls on who is able to purchase guns. The way I understand it, if you walk into a gun shop you have to register, but if you go to a gun show you don't? I am assuming the reasoning behind it was that at a gun show it is a personal sale vs new gun sale at a shop? Either way it seems like a pretty ugly loophole that gives sketchy nut jobs easy access to guns they really shouldnt have.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic