FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just a Start model RR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a Start model RR
    Posted: 14 January 2013 at 2:28pm
I just put together a loop, a passenger station, and a staging yard, freight loading area. Not permanent, just an experiment in what to use as base area. Right now 2 4X8 sections, 38foot loop, 5 foot passenger double, and 15 foot total rail freight yard. Eventually will be an double outer loop to include the 'L' for about52 feet track per loop, then all the spaghetti works inside of the loop.
Some pics:

Just a portion of all the buildings and loco's/rolling stock. A lot of 'bomb' damage to repair on the buildings, some track vs old wheel issues to iron out, but something better than sitting watchin TV and on the 'puter'.

Like I said this stuff has not seen the light of day since 1985.

Edited by oldsoldier - 14 January 2013 at 3:15pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 11:59pm
Sweeeet.

I never got the whole perm laid out track. One table I did like was 6 or so smaller tables which had track pieces all at the same places on the edges, so you could mix and match the tables.

The guy never DID move them, but the idea was there.

Can't wait to see the end result.

Gonna have a "far" part of the track populated by your WOW tanks?

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 3:43pm
Just picked up the inner loop, so that project begins today also. Spent weekend salvaging as much of the old mini-trix/atlas track as I could. Simple-Green and a toothbrush with hot water wash. Have more than enough turnouts now clean and working (electics are dead, will need to be manuals)to make several freight yards and industry lines. Some more flex track, corkbed, and grey paint, also got the KATO to Atlas track connectors today.
Just ordered my KATO AMTRAK 'Lake Shore Limited' Chicago/NYC/Chicago, and 'California Zypher', Sacramento/Chicago/Sacramento, the first of the many.

Momma is getting me my seperate 'hobby fund' debit card so she can 'control' spending to a reasonable amount or I will just go out and spend $2000.00 plus at a shot. Train Shows local here 1st and 2nd week February, gotta save up.................
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic