FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Returning to old hobbies.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 8:03pm
Ever since I was a little kid, maybe like 5 years old, I have wanted an r/c airplane for Christmas. Never got one. I want one a lot, but I don't want to foot the bill.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 7:53pm
I always wanted to get into rc planes, just never took that step. I did get a cox airplane for my  14th birthday, I still remember my dad trying it, getting dizzy and the corsair airplane ramming into his crotch, such a good day!
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 3:21pm
Coke.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 3:03pm
Seeing as I am finally employed again, I will be picking up some old hobbies I use to enjoy. This time it will be r/c planes, again. I use to live in the city, which was a pain to fly nitro planes. 45 minute drive to just enjoy a few hours of flying. Thankfully battery technology got good and cheap enough. To pursue electric planes. Which allowed me to fly in the parks etc. But there is something about fueling up the plane, and the sweet smell of alcohol and nitro methane that the electric planes don't have.

I now live in a semi rural area. And due to the housing bubble popping, we have a housing development that stopped dead in it's tracks. Right after they paved the streets, added the few stop signs, and fire hydrants. So, basically I have paved runways at my convenience.

Thankfully I have most of the stuff, to get right back into flying. Some things will need to be replaced (receiver batteries, fuel etc). But after that, it will be pretty cheap to enjoy the hobby I love, as long as I don't crash Tongue. But even IF I do, I  have noticed some screaming deals on nitro planes, on craigslist. Seems everyone is either getting out of the sport, or selling their nitro stuff to fund their electric ones.

Anyone else returning to hobbies they once enjoyed, but took a back seat in recent years?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic