Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Salvo Response Trigger Woes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vihkr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vihkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Salvo Response Trigger Woes
    Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:50pm
On my Salvo, I have a Cyclone and RT. Been out with it twice, no problems at all, shoots great. On my third time out while I was chronoing, the centre banjo fitting screw shot out of it like a bullet. "No problem", I thought. I went and got a new screw and while I was putting it back in, it wouldn't grip. So I turned to the Internet and some guys recommended reversing the banjo fitting but no dice there either, with or without the O-ring. I then realised the threads had been stripped on the Resonse/Cyclone gas port. Funny thing is that the screw seems to grip just fine without the banjo fitting in place.

I was thinking I could find a nut with the same threading as the screw and Weld Bond it to bare metal over the port as a cheap fix. Anyone know what the threading on a banjo fitting screw is? Will Weld Bond or epoxy actually hold under that pressure?

Ideas? Or I am shelling out for a new Salvo right side half?

Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic