FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

They see me rollin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They see me rollin'
    Posted: 09 January 2013 at 11:23am

First riding mower, Forrest Gump style!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 11:59am
Facebook OLD

WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Facebook OLD

So's your mom.... OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! SNAP!
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 12:04pm
Snappers are the best mowers.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Facebook OLD

PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 1:47pm
Just a warning, those things will drive straight up the side of a shed.  I know, I've done it (much to my father's displeasure.)  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Just a warning, those things will drive straight up the side of a shed. †I know, I've done it (much to my father's displeasure.) †

They're made to be stood up on their end to perform blade maintenance, hence the support posts behind the motor. Also, 1st is DEFINITELY a "mule gear" and will pretty much pull ANYTHING.

So, it doesn't really surprise me.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 7:31pm
They see me mowin'
My front lawn
I know they're all thinking I'm so white and nerdy
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:02am
It ought to be interesting to see the neighbors' reactions to my rear-engine snapper when they're all driving Deeres and Kubotas. I don't have that kind of money yet, so I'll be the odd man out for the time being.

Good thing is, Snapper makes a bunch of attachments for this model. Dethatcher, spreader, haul cart, dump cart, etc. There are even DIY plans online for a snowplow.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Snappers are the best mowers.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 11:24am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Good thing is, Snapper makes a bunch of attachments for this model.  

There are...other...models?
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 8:37pm

It ought to be interesting to see the neighbors' reactions to my rear-engine snapper when they're all driving Deeres and Kubotas. I don't have that kind of money yet, so I'll be the odd man out for the time being.

Good thing is, Snapper makes a bunch of attachments for this model. Dethatcher, spreader, haul cart, dump cart, etc. There are even DIY plans online for a snowplow.

just take the exhaust off so you can't hear them hatin.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Good thing is, Snapper makes a bunch of attachments for this model. †

There are...other...models?

Yup.

Snapper make a bunch of lawn tractors now as well as zero-turn riders.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 9:21am
So they only go straight? Seems like a bad idea. I think a better term would be 180 or 360 turn.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

So they only go straight? Seems like a bad idea. I think a better term would be 180 or 360 turn.

Leave the puns to Mack.

Also, they don't turn in the physical sense, they pivot. Turn implies the the machine must move in a direction within a plane. Pivot implies that something is in one place and able to rotate without moving in any direction the axial plane.

Boo-mutha-effin-yah!
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 1:22pm
We had an old one at my grandmother's place not long ago. I think it was a Snapper, it was the same type of mower. We were having trouble with it losing power and conking out, so we did some work on it, fired it up, and it died again. Without thinking, my father hopped off it without taking it out of gear, and pulled the cord again.....it sprung to life and headed INTO the open garage...we got it stopped before it destroyed too much, but man is it hard to chase and stop a mower when you're falling over laughing. 

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

We had an old one at my grandmother's place not long ago. I think it was a Snapper, it was the same type of mower. We were having trouble with it losing power and conking out, so we did some work on it, fired it up, and it died again. Without thinking, my father hopped off it without taking it out of gear, and pulled the cord again.....it sprung to life and headed INTO the open garage...we got it stopped before it destroyed too much, but man is it hard to chase and stop a mower when you're falling over laughing.†

Hahaha! Yeah, this one is electric start with manual back-up. Also, it's got a deadman switch on the blades. Your foot comes off of the pedal and they stop dead.

Edited by tallen702 - 11 January 2013 at 2:46pm
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 6:19pm
Get some Dayton's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic