FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball?! What's that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball?! What's that?
    Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:14am
So anyway it was a friends bachelors today, we went paintballing. The field was such a setup up for wasting paint. After the second center flag game they changed the rules to "team zombie". So I got shot to pieces. First time in about 6 years that I came home with this many buises.

The safety aspects made me cringe. I made sure my mates had their masks on all the time basically.

My trusty 98 death stick let me down. The ball retaining detent broke. Of course I didn't have any spares. So I ended up playing with a rental BT 98 style marker. It worked ok. I went through 4 of them in one game.

I am obviously a paintball jinx.

All in all, fun was had, the groom to be enjoyed himself. Everyone came home with all the same number of body parts.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:36am
Sometimes I do wish we had 'paintball' here, rather than combat pajama, blow up doll run around and wipe games as the ONLY option.

I still have all my 'new' toys, not used in over two years (TWC) and the old 68special.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:45am
I was thinking about doing paintball for my buddy's bachelor party but I just couldn't figure out how to get it to work.  Maybe you can help me out.  I know what field to have it at, and that field has all the amenities.  They have markers for rent, paint for sale and air compressors to refill tanks.  They have a small concession stand with some of the best home made jambalaya I have ever had.  The bathroom facilities are just porta johns,  but they keep them clean enough.  The only part I can't seem to figure out, is how to talk the strippers in to getting out on the field.  How did you do it?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:56am
It requires the use of cement-mounted stripper poles surrounded by a double layer of speedball netting with at least 12 inches between layers.  A smooth wooden platform of at least 6'x6' should cover the cement mounting point so the strippers have a safe surface upon which to perform.  Tip jars would be used instead of actual contact with said strippers for safety reasons and each participant is required to carry at least on pod of $1 bills.  Also, for safety, the strippers will be masked.*

*No one will notice.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 11:11am
For mine the strippers were afterwards at the whiskey tasting room.

But honestly, strippers are skanks. Who wants that? If you need it, just load some vids on your smart phone and 100mph tape it to your marker.

KBK
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Sorry, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY is anywhere near the kind of paintball jinx that our very own ShortyBP is. He's so bad he had to bring 3-4 markers to a game just to get 1 that chronoed. What's more, he couldn't touch the marker while chronoing in. If he did, it wouldn't work. He had to have one of his team-mates do it for him, and then hand him the marker right before the start of the game so that it would at least work for a bit before going down. Dead serious, anything that guy touches fails to work.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Sorry, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY is anywhere near the kind of paintball jinx that our very own ShortyBP is. He's so bad he had to bring 3-4 markers to a game just to get 1 that chronoed. What's more, he couldn't touch the marker while chronoing in. If he did, it wouldn't work. He had to have one of his team-mates do it for him, and then hand him the marker right before the start of the game so that it would at least work for a bit before going down. Dead serious, anything that guy touches fails to work.

This brings up potential questions it would be amusing to ask . . .

. . . but I would have to give myself a strike for asking.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 4:55pm
Don't worry Mack, I got it.  Does he have ED?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Don't worry Mack, I got it.  Does he have ED?

He's got a kid, and I don't know how much planning went into it, so no.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 6:29pm
Coulda been a hands off affair.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 7:35pm
we sponsor a paintball tourney every year, we invite 4-5 different companies to participate, we pay for everything and play for the day, bbq/refreshments afterwards.  We have had so many people that last 3 years I've had to help ref and never even fired a shot.  I miss playing but since my kid moved away I don't play anymore.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 9:13pm
We had a blizzard this week... got another 4 inches this morning... But, my 34th event was scheduled, and I don't cancel, ever. 

Needless to say, 14 still showed up and we had a blast in the woods! 

They tremble at my name...
Santa Chewp View Drop Down
Ninja Santa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santa Chewp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Sometimes I do wish we had 'paintball' here, rather than combat pajama, blow up doll run around and wipe games as the ONLY option.

I still have all my 'new' toys, not used in over two years (TWC) and the old 68special.

I thought you guys had some property, are there no good wooded areas near you to play? The field back where I grew up was a joke ($140 for a box of paint, and probably more now) so we often would just gear up and play in the woods near our houses.
[IMG]http://i9.tinypic.com/8f3jo8l.jpg">
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

It requires the use of cement-mounted stripper poles surrounded by a double layer of speedball netting with at least 12 inches between layers.  A smooth wooden platform of at least 6'x6' should cover the cement mounting point so the strippers have a safe surface upon which to perform.  Tip jars would be used instead of actual contact with said strippers for safety reasons and each participant is required to carry at least on pod of $1 bills.  Also, for safety, the strippers will be masked.*

*No one will notice.
And here I was thinking, just pay them more...

Silly me.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 1:41pm
I've got a 12" Nightstick on my 98 and it is nicely consistent.

I've been offered an APEX at a really good price, NIB. Yes/no? (FE here is looking at you for advice)

KBK
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 9:29pm
YES! It will change your game! As long range shots will now be in your arsenal! 

is it an Apex 1 or 2? 

If it is a 1, set it at 5 clicks and line it up straight and leave it until you get used to it. *as with any barrel paint is critical, you want paint with a gloss shell, that has NO visible seam. The satin looking paintballs don't work as well as the shiny gloss shelled paintballs. 

If it is an Apex 2 set it at 4 clicks and leave it. Oh, and turn down the velocity, you want to be shooting around 280 fps max. 

With the right paint, you can make some AMAZING shots with it. As you can see in this new video, almost everyone at my field uses them as we play some LONG ball! And the ability to shoot flat makes a huge difference in thick woods. 

They tremble at my name...
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 12:11am
Sweet thanks.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2013 at 12:01pm

This what I shoot now days. MagFed Phenom. I play with anyone hopper or not at any field. Thou I have played small MAGFED only skirmishes and they are insanely fun. Look for MAGFED in South Africa. I think MILSIM xclusive works out of SA.

I get seven 20rd Magazines out that 13Ci/3K tank.

Edited by Evil Elvis - 06 January 2013 at 12:11pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2013 at 2:17pm
Ouch. I've been interested in those for a short time and only really looked into it now.

They retail for around R5000-8000. Think roughly R10k with conversion components!

The Griffon is R800, the 98 is around R1,200, the A5 is around R2,000.

True the X7 electronic is R4,000 and the Crossover is R5,000 but that is still a LOT of money to drop on a marker.

KBK
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2013 at 11:44pm
Is that the Tacmo Mags?.Almost picked some up this winter but ended up getting the lady jewelry and a sound system instead. :-/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic