FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

so i panic bought...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so i panic bought...
    Posted: 28 December 2012 at 10:09am
edit for smaller pic

(note i didnt realize how ugly the welds were until now... hopefully the gun i get has better... i might have to start welding my own receivers if thats the case...)

anyways. i have wanted one of these for a while. i was just trying to be good about my money. however starting 12 hour days come jan 2 and the threat of increasing prices (literally an email saying prices will go up come jan 1 from the seller) i decided to jump on it.

my goal for it eventually is SBR and suppressor with some sub sonic loads. i havent researched the capability of .308 for this but im assuming it wont be hard considering 300blk is becoming popular...

(2nd edit, if they can make a .30cal round shoot well out of a .556 case im assuming a light loaded .308win can be fired well. however im not sure how it would play out with the twist rate/velocity/weight. also im sure a 7.62x51 out of an 8.5"bbl will be wasting a lot of powder, so im figuring it would be more efficient to use less powder when reloading anyways.)

Edited by merc - 28 December 2012 at 10:16am
saving the world, one warship at a time.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 2:55pm
Don't forget to buy mags.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Everyone seems to be out of stock. I am waiting for rebuild kits for 20 round M1A/M14 magazines.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Everyone seems to be out of stock. I am waiting for rebuild kits for 20 round M1A/M14 magazines.

Of course everyone is out of stock.

Brownells sold more magazines in 3 days, than they usually sell in 3 years.

People have gone stupid, when it comes to EBRs and their accessories.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 3:09pm

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Of course everyone is out of stock.

My M1 guy just sold his entire stock of M1's in the last week.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 6:23pm
i already have an 18" PTR91... mags were 97 cents each... i should have enough to last me a while... i even got a bunch of steel ones with the intent to butcher my AK 75rd drum and weld on a HK mag :) but we will see if i have the heart to cut into my drum now... might just buy some wind up springs and make my own...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:28pm

I've got to teach you commas. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:37pm
I don't get it, what's the panic.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I've got to teach you commas.†

Teach me Mr. Miagi
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 10:04pm

I've got to teach you commas.†

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

I don't get it, what's the panic.

Everyone is afraid of the U.S. government passing stricter gun laws, so they are stocking up.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 12:28am
my "panic" was mostly because the website put out an add saying the price was going to go up... i felt comfortable paying this price and decided to grab it in case it does go up.

not too worried about a ban but it may come... im really considering selling a bunch of my guns now and thin my safe down and getting rid of all but a few of my EBRs...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 10:32am

Teach me Mr. Miagi

There are really only four commas you need to know to get by. 

1) Compound sentences. When you have a sentence with a conjunction (If, and, but), and BOTH sides of the conjunction could stand alone as their own sentence, you need a comma. If only one of them could, then you do not use a comma. 

Example: Stealth got a girl a glass rose, but she didn't like it. 

Stealth got a girl a glass rose. Period. Could be a sentence. 

She didn't like it. Period. Could be a sentence. 

Requires a comma. 

2) Introductory clauses and phrases. When you have a really short beginning nugget to a sentence that isn't a complete sentence in its own, you use a comma if it us longer than three words.

Example: This time last year, I was making a skin hat out of my neighbor. 

"This time last year" could not stand alone and there is no conjunction, so it requires a comma. It's also longer than three words. 

3) Nonessential clauses and phrases. You have to offset stuff in the middle of a sentence that you don't need. That means put commas on either side of them. If you could take a phrase in the middle of a sentence out, and the sentence would still make sense, you need the commas. 

Example: Kayback, who lives in South Africa, rides an elephant to work.

If you took out the "who lives in South Africa" you still have "Kayback rides an elephant to work," which is still a sentence. Thus, the clause needs commas. 

4) Lists. If you're not a journalist, you use the serial comma. That means you complete a list with a comma. 

Example: In his lifetime Mack has seen the Pangea split apart, the Titanic sink, and Calvin Coolidge's presidency. 

You have a list of things there, each of which is offset with a comma. 

That's it. There are hundreds of comma rules, but those four right there are the only four you really need to know to get by. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 11:08am
The kayback reference made me actually laugh.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 1:38pm
Who and Whom next please.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 1:47pm
It's also true.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 2:01pm
magazines prices and availability are outrageous. mostly the prices. i was looking to get 2 33rd. glock mags. they were about $50-$60 before they went out of stock. now there $100+.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 3:52pm

Teach me Mr. Miagi

There are really only four commas you need to know to get by. 

1) Compound sentences. When you have a sentence with a conjunction (If, and, but), and BOTH sides of the conjunction could stand alone as their own sentence, you need a comma. If only one of them could, then you do not use a comma. 

Example: Stealth got a girl a glass rose, but she didn't like it. 

Stealth got a girl a glass rose. Period. Could be a sentence. 

She didn't like it. Period. Could be a sentence. 

Requires a comma. 

2) Introductory clauses and phrases. When you have a really short beginning nugget to a sentence that isn't a complete sentence in its own, you use a comma if it us longer than three words.

Example: This time last year, I was making a skin hat out of my neighbor. 

"This time last year" could not stand alone and there is no conjunction, so it requires a comma. It's also longer than three words. 

3) Nonessential clauses and phrases. You have to offset stuff in the middle of a sentence that you don't need. That means put commas on either side of them. If you could take a phrase in the middle of a sentence out, and the sentence would still make sense, you need the commas. 

Example: Kayback, who lives in South Africa, rides an elephant to work.

If you took out the "who lives in South Africa" you still have "Kayback rides an elephant to work," which is still a sentence. Thus, the clause needs commas. 

4) Lists. If you're not a journalist, you use the serial comma. That means you complete a list with a comma. 

Example: In his lifetime Mack has seen the Pangea split apart, the Titanic sink, and Calvin Coolidge's presidency. 

You have a list of things there, each of which is offset with a comma. 

That's it. There are hundreds of comma rules, but those four right there are the only four you really need to know to get by. 

Clap
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2013 at 10:04pm
A grammar lesson has turned this into the gun thread with the most awesome in years.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2013 at 10:48pm
1.) That was awesome.

2.) Never knew about the "lists" thing - every teacher I had growing up basically enforced their preference when it came to the last item of a list.  Some said "never!" and others said "always!".  Glad to know that I was on the right side of the fence most of the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic