FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reb and USAF:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reb and USAF:
    Posted: 08 December 2012 at 11:23pm
Promise me, both of you, that when you eventually get promoted to some high rank, you'll do away with gun buybacks in your respective jurisdictions.

No gangbanger is ever going to give up their firearm for $50 gift cards to the grocery store.

Promise me!!!!!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 12:02am
We've never had one, and there won't be one on my watch.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 7:04am
Depends. Would I get to cherry pick toys out of the return bin?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 9:59am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Depends. Would I get to cherry pick toys out of the return bin?

I would like to amend my answer to something along these lines.

LOL

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 10:49am
Gang-bangers aren't going to turn their guns in, but people who do are less likely to sell them to bangers, or have their kids do the same. It provides a way for people who don't want their guns to get rid of them in what seems like a safe and legal way. When someone who inherits a gun and has no idea about laws and value, they have a known and trusted way of getting rid of them rather than shady pawnshop owners. I still think police forces should be able to cherry-pick through them, and auction them off to buy body armor and other kit items. 
sinclair67 View Drop Down

Spambotto

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinclair67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 3:06am

We have never had one particular, there won't be one on my observe.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 7:50pm
Awesome, we have another one of those 'learning' bots.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I still think police forces should be able to cherry-pick through them, and auction them off to buy body armor and other kit items. 

Doesn't make sense to me that this isn't an option. You can seize and then use/sell vehicles and property, but when someone willfully turns over a money making opportunity, you're forced to destroy that supply. I've seen on NatGeo where the DEA/CBP was destroying TRUCKLOADS of weapons. Granted, most of them are old rifles/AK variants/etc., but they even point out the odd R700 or Barrett.

PDs are hurting for money, seems like this should be getting a better look. Not like it would be difficult to create a paper trail to ensure that the new buyer has proof of when they bought the weapon.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 8:29pm
As I mentioned, in places like NYC, the city doesn't want to get into the 'business of selling guns' to people, so the weapons secured in the buy-backs are meticulously cataloged and destroyed. My father in law has seen everything from pure junk to honest to god collectors pieces be turned in for those gift cards, and every last one of them destroyed because of the city's proclivities on firearms.
You could surrender a one-of-a-kind piece, hell, it could be a presentation piece that was given to George Patton by the ghost of George Washington....and it would be tossed in a bin and demolished with a barely serviceable sears and roebuck single shot .22

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic