Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun mounted laser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
moomoogomoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomoogomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun mounted laser
    Posted: 06 December 2012 at 12:32pm
I am looking to upgrade my paintball gun around christmas, in which i am adding a socom m4 body shroud and a ncstar d4b red dot sight on the side. 

I am looking for a good laser sight I could use for daytime / evening paintball in the woods.

I will attach it to the rail mount on the right side of my socom shroud, so I am looking for a laser that is powerful enough for me to easily see the laser on a surface such as a tree from anywhere from 20 to 120 feet in the daytime. I am no expert on lasers and would like to know what power the laser needs to be in order to see the dot from that distance in the daytime. thanks.

Also If anyone knows of a stock that allows you to look down the sights with your paintball mask on please let me know. I think i saw one a while back that like bends so you can put your head in there. idk.

thanks guys :)
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:01pm
Many commercial fields/events do not allow lasers as they are considered a safety hazard.

Additionally, lasers just aren't all that useful. With most of them the dot is difficult to pick out at longer ranges and paintballs don't have a flat enough trajectory to really sight the laser in all that effectively at longer ranges.
rorymeyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorymeyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 2:02pm
I just added a red dot sight to my Salvo because I am in the same situation as you. One thing that is helpful, when you sight the laser in, leave the front iron sight of your gun on and make the laser dot be at the tip of your iron sight so when its day time you can look down sights and find the laser dot  real quick and then just point the dot where you want it. My laser is pretty easily seen at 65 ft and under, and if you're playing woodsball, thats decent range, at least for myself. NcStar Red Laser Sight with Weaver Mount/Black (APRLS), this is the cheap laser sight that I bought. 
It comes with a remote wire and a push switch to turn on and off. Try something cheap like this out at first, if you enjoy it and it works for you, upgrade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic