FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Let's help Reb out!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let's help Reb out!!!
    Posted: 03 December 2012 at 2:49pm
Alright, so we've all read what's up in Reb's life right now.  Some people have openly offered to help.  He didn't bite right away, and I was going to try do this behind the scenes, but I've decided it's too much work and this is much easier and it will reach everyone.

Reb, we're going to help you out... and that's that.  It's the holiday season, and apparently some people around here feel like giving!  And who's more deserving than reb?  seriously.  

I set up an email account and set it up for paypal, and it's ready to go!!

So, what do ya say peeps?  Wanna help out someone who's been around here since the beginning?  

I know I do!

So if you want to join in, and help a fellow forumer out, go ahead and make a contribution to this email through paypal:

letshelpreb@gmail.com

I should note, reb now has full control over the paypal account now Smile

Also, I'm not doing this as a loan, or to get paid back in anyway... I just want to help out!  So, who's with me!?

Edited by procarbinefreak - 05 December 2012 at 11:26am
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 2:56pm
I'll contribute as soon as I can. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 10:42pm
As I said, I'm in
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 4:31am
I'd be willing to contribute
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 6:14am
I did confirm all of the information in the paypal account.

Let it be known right now that I really don't want to do this, but I appreciate everyone's offer to help. Most of this will be going to cover the initial expenses of gear that needs to be purchased for the academy- all stuff that has to be laid out up front, a good chunk of change atop of my tuition cost. That being the case, there should be a good turnaround on repayment as long I'm keeping some sort of steady work while I'm in school.

Either way, you'll get it all back.

I really do not know how to thank you guys, even though I'd almost rather you told me "Tough break, figure it out."

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 7:52am
What I donate, I don't want back.  I'll do anything I can to help a fellow comrad in CJ.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

What I donate, I don't want back.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 11:16am

What I donate, I don't want back.†

Just pay it forward Reb. Always do good in your work and that's enough for me.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 11:24am
Exactly what tallen said.  Pay it forward in the work you do.  

Lets go kids!  every penny helps!
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Just pay it forward Reb. Always do good in your work and that's enough for me.

This. I'll pitch in here come payday.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 3:12am
People who donate don't expect to be paid back in anything other than seeing that their money is put to a good cause.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 4:52am
Its one HELL of a motivator to make sure that my time at the Academy is well spent, and I get through it in one piece successfully.

I can't thank you guys enough.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 6:21pm
Well, thanks to you generous jerks, I'm picking up my PT gear this weekend.

Again gentlemen, I cannot thank you enough. You've taken a good wet bite out of my required gear expenses already.

Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 2:44am
I'd like to see what kind of gear you may need. Some of us may have what you need.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 7:30pm
I have a spare duty belt and keepers.  Can't remember the make.  It is department issue, so I'm not sure of the mfg.
Also, got paid so donation finally sent...  Hope it isn't too late...

Edited by StormyKnight - 08 December 2012 at 7:32pm
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 9:19pm
I also have some old nylon gear back at my parent's house if they haven't thrown it away yet. It was given to me when I got hired, but I never used it because my department provided my gear and it was leather. PM me if you need it.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 1:00pm
I've already collected a ton of loaner gear, including a BP vest, baton, belt and belt accessories. the guys in the department as well as my father in law have been very generous. Almost as much as you guys.

Almost.

Not quite.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 3:10pm
Bump.

Happy New Years Reb,
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 7:44pm
that's the spirit!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic