FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball... Wait, what's that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 9:19pm
don't worry, when I win the $500 mil powerball tomorrow I'll make that happen for ya ssok.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

FE, you should open up your hopper and line the inside with some felt or something to keep the noise down.  The mic really pics it up. 

You should have heard how loud it was before I did the sound proofing... I could do more to the hopper, but I use the sound of the balls rattling around to know when I need to reload. If I make it quiet, I'll end up running out of paint and not realizing it. 

I'll try to lower the audio level on the next one for the ZoomCam. 

Glad my video makes you guys want to play, that was the goal! 
They tremble at my name...
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 5:26am
Bah everyone knows the high speed low drag guys all put tracer in their last 4 rounds so they know when they are running out!

Slick videos though. Keep up the wicked work.

Is there any way to fix the focus on the zoom camera? Quite often it focuses on the tree/vegitation in front of you and does not adjust when you break cover. Also is it possible for, say, a 3-5 degree tilt on the helmet camera? Eye level scanning would play better than staring at the ground. I get that's how you have to move with a mask on, it is just slightly off putting.

I'm honestly amazed at what a target indicator black is. The guys with full suits but black assault packs or black markers still stand out like a sore thumb. Cammo that stuff!

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 28 November 2012 at 5:37am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 7:38am
Good points Kayback... I will have to look into that. I leave the auto focus on with the ZoomCam but, when I am snap shooting, it happens so fast (I use slow motion so you can actually see what happened...) that the camera can't change focal length fast enough. I wonder if I could turn off the focus and set it at about 75 feet... Then it should pick up from 75 feet on out. Course stuff close would be fuzzy then. But, it may be worth it, as I only use the ZoomCam when the helmet cam can't see or I want to fill the frame with the target. 

And I do need to work on my helmet cam mount. The back is still up too high so it points down. Course I am often looking down as well as you would end up on your back if you didn't look where you are going in my woods. It is a VERY hilly field with lots of places to trip. I'll try to do that before our next game this month.

My Zoomcam shut off in three of the final games... So I'm not sure if it was a cold thing, or I am maxing out my hard drive in the camera with all my movement, or I just hit the record button by accident during the games, or  my battery was low... I would like to get a flash memory camera, but I need one that has excellent image stabilization and TONS of error correction, while filming at 1080 or more HD and also at least 8X zoom... In a form factor that is tiny... 

Not something you can just go to the store and buy... Mine also films in 5.1 surround sound, which is awesome in my theater as you can hear players behind you and to the left and right. Course youtube can't handle that... Yet...

So many things to think about WHILE trying to play, and run the event. Course that is what is fun! 

I never understand why companies stop making camo stuff. The camo Tippmann A-5 everyone wants, I got an extra one on craigslist and put it on ebay... It sold for almost $300! (I traded an old compound bow I had for it, and I only had $10 in the bow!). 

You would think that manufacturers would make everything camo... But, they don't. I found my pod/tank holder used on ebay years ago in realtree, as I've never seen on in that style camo since. If I made paintball stuff, I would always have a camo line of everything. Because like you said, it makes a HUGE difference. I usually see the other guys hopper first when playing. Huge black hoppers stick out like crazy. 
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 9:04am
I can understand black guns because that can be fixed with spray paint, but I honestly don't get the black web gear. Sure it probably works in Speedball, but they aren't the only people to ever play paintball!

On the set focus thing, that'd probably work. 75' for the times you'd use the zoom cam, and maybe have some close up yet full screen stuff blurry as you could fill in with helmet camera shots. But for the long range you need the long range.

KBK
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 11:09am
I wear "space suits" in the woods. Bright colors. I still sneak up on most people and shoot them.....

GOSH DARN SPEEDBALLERS GET OFF MY LAWN
Que pasa?

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I wear "space suits" in the woods. Bright colors. I still sneak up on most people and shoot them.....

GOSH DARN SPEEDBALLERS GET OFF MY LAWN

I wear jeans and a T shirt and manage the same. There is more to being sneaky than blending in, but it does make it easier!

KBK
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 1:39pm
Speedball clothing in the woods! Camo can only do so much.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 1:52pm
Red Mask, Check
Red Jersey, Check
Speedball Pants, Check
Red Tank Cover, Check
Silver Hopper, Check
Shiny Black Marker, Check
Shiny Black Pods with PCF's stickers on them, Check
Grey and Black Harness, Check
Bright Orange Sqeegee Around My Neck, Check

Yep, that's about right! Camo is for Campers!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 3:43pm
At my age, and with the number of guys gunning for me... I'll take any advantage I can get, so camo for me. All the way down to my underwear. haha

I should really get some different gloves, mine are black and white,and I often see other players gloves (especially when they wear bright colored gloves). 

I personally wouldn't wear bright colors on MY field, but my field is different than most. We have guys that literally lay down in the leaves and vanish, and they take out guys in bright colors right off. (you can see the speedball guys in the deadzone first during most games...)

Course most "woodsball" courses at public fields are glorified speed ball courses with huge bunkers everywhere, so it doesn't matter that much. But, when playing in the woods like mine, you can see guys all the way across the field when they wear bright colors. And knowing where the other team is, that is a huge advantage in the type of woodsball we play.

Actually, I made a video about this very subject last month. In this game, I sat in the MIDDLE of the path, with nothing around me, and two of the other players actually walked RIGHT at me and I waited until they were about 20 feet away before I unleashed the Kracken on them...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 28 November 2012 at 3:58pm
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 5:46pm
During the last Red Dawn game I was the Russian General. I was in my CP in the village when I sent every Body in a WW2 Russian Massive wave totake over a Football Stadium so I could set up my Nuke Launch Site. The Town where I had my CP was Overrun by 20+ OpFor. I fought till I ran out of Paint. I then moved to the woods behind my own HQ and laid down in the underbrush. I then proceeded to Facebook and Text till I found enough seconds around the floor to load a TPX mag. I then went back to the Town and Took out the 3 guys holding it. Cammo works
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

At my age, and with the number of guys gunning for me... I'll take any advantage I can get, so camo for me.

This . . . I still use several sets of renagades in various patterns that I've had for years. Only problem with them is that the waistbands seem to shrink during off-season storage.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

FE love the zoom-cam set up its ingenious. Might be picking up some newer helmet cams soon. Think I lost my tachyon in the Tornado.

I'm working on a new version of my ZoomCam that is much smaller... This will be the "production" version instead of prototype! But, it will probably end up being around $650...

For a helmet cam, you just can't beat the Contour Roam (which was only $99 with the underwater kit last week on Amazon, their prices change daily, so just watch it everyday for a while... I got one for $119 and then a week later it was $99...)

But, you can't "SEE" the hits unless you have a camera system like my ZoomCam as we play paintball at distances that regular action cams can't pick up. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 12:44pm
I might throw a new board in my angel LCD so I can run a 9 volt battery. Not sure if that old NICAD battery is any good anymore. Throw on my old revvy hopper, and all I need is a tank.

Would like to build another pump. Kicking myself that I sold my shocktech frame.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic