FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball... Wait, what's that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball... Wait, what's that?
    Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:45am
So I had my 33rd event on Saturday at my private field... What an amazing time! Hard to believe that this will be our 7th year playing paintball behind my house...

The guys all chipped in and we got Henry a helmet cam. So now we have the "HenryCam" along with my footage. And the ZoomCam was picking up some amazing footage this weekend. 

Check it out if you are into that kind of thing... The bloodbath at the beginning of this video is pretty crazy. I think it is some of the best footage I have ever captured on film during a game. 

Let me know what you think. 
They tremble at my name...
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:54am
I went a couple of weekends ago to the local field and had a blast.  I need to start going more frequently. 
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 10:18am
I was invited for the annual Newark Urban Turkey fight this past Sunday, I did not go because I did not feel like driving to jersey ( I do it Monday through Friday) and I had to get Christmas stuff up. Hopefully in two weeks we play in East Quogue. My wife wants to be game photographer and get the picts on her FB.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:27pm
I've finally pulled the trigger on selling all my gear.  Now if the people over on pbn would actually go through with the deals that they're  pm'ing me about I would have most of it gone by now.  Unfortunately that's not the case.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I've finally pulled the trigger on selling all my gear.  Now if the people over on pbn would actually go through with the deals that they're  pm'ing me about I would have most of it gone by now.  Unfortunately that's not the case.

And this is why I never sell on PBN....

Heard some sexy guy snagged your pack.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

And this is why I never sell on PBN....

Seems to be common all over these days. Had three seperate inquires on parts I had for sale on both MCB and AO and all of them flaked.

And regarding OP. Too darned cold to play PB this past week. I gave up on anything under 30* anymore. More aggravation than its worth.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 26 November 2012 at 1:59pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:01pm
worst part is, if they come back to you a week later with the cash actually in hand, they get upset that you didn't hold it for them.

Anyway,  love the footage FE, I wouldn't be getting rid of all my gear if I had a group of guys to play with who don't just play tournaments. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:21pm

worst part is, if they come back to you a week later with the cash actually in hand, they get upset that you didn't hold it for them.

Anyway,  love the footage FE, I wouldn't be getting rid of all my gear if I had a group of guys to play with who don't just play tournaments. 

Move out of that crazy cheese-head state of yours and move closer to me or EE! Problem solved!
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:32pm
Haven't played or touched my gear since TWC two years ago. Rec woodsball does not exsist out here, a couple of dodge blow up dolls and kids in combat pajamas places but that is about it.
Looking at selling all my guns and gear, time to move on.

Was fun, enjoyed it, but the usual antics drove the sport from our area.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Haven't played or touched my gear since TWC two years ago. Rec woodsball does not exsist out here, a couple of dodge blow up dolls and kids in combat pajamas places but that is about it.
Looking at selling all my guns and gear, time to move on.

Was fun, enjoyed it, but the usual antics drove the sport from our area.
Saw you there!!

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

a couple of dodge blow up dolls and kids in combat pajamas places but that is about it.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:46am
Thanks guys, glad you liked it. Tippmann said it was too long for their viewers, so I made them a custom short version with their branding last night. 

I based it on their "try paintball now video" which was good, but as a guy with a TV/film production background it felt like what a creative team "thinks" is paintball... It just didn't give the "feel" of woodsball to me. 

I think this version really captures the FUN of the sport... 

Too bad you guys don't live around here, as you could come join us in the woods... We play every month in the fall/winter/spring.
They tremble at my name...
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:16am
I play more now than I ever did. Even back in OMHW days. I play now mostly MAGFED paintball do a lot of local general and command duties. But still find time to to pick up my TPX or MAGFED Phenom and hit the bush and stalk and shoot peeps.

Paintball is really what you make of your local scene. I bring one new player with me every game. Now we have a scene good enough to support 3 local woodsball fields, 3 local shops.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:21am
FE love the zoom-cam set up its ingenious. Might be picking up some newer helmet cams soon. Think I lost my tachyon in the Tornado.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 5:34pm
Does anyone use Mags (real mags...AutoMags) anymore?

Jesus I have been out of the scene
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 5:57pm
FE, you should open up your hopper and line the inside with some felt or something to keep the noise down.  The mic really pics it up. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Does anyone use Mags (real mags...AutoMags) anymore?

Jesus I have been out of the scene

Yes and no. It's kind of like guys who like to shoot cowboy action with real guns. It's a small, niche group. Generally speaking, a day at the field with walk-ons will net you tons of tippmanns, a handful of spyders, various electros from Minis to Egos (but surprisingly few to no Ions in my experience these days) and one or two auto cockers thrown in for good measure.

I've yet to see a Mag out and about in the past 3-4 years in my area. MCB still does a brisk trade in RT Pros and ULE X-Valve mags.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 6:59pm
I was using a splash 'Mag all this year - just sold it over on MCB and went back to 'Cockers though :).  Not really a preference thing - I always had better luck with my 'Mag than any of the 'Cockers I've had over the years (except my old '05 Prostock that I bought new, lol),  Just time to switch it up.  But yeah, I absolutely LOVED my 'Mag.  My only complaint was that it couldn't easily take small-bore barrels - I was too cheap to buy one of Doc's adaptors or a twist-lock Freak, which always go for a bit of money.

I think I did alright though - I now have a 'Cocker and an ICD Alley Cat on the way, and still have a nice bit of cash left over from the sale of my 'Mag :).
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:11pm
Boy I miss paintball.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 8:51pm
I always wanted to get an X Valve and ULE frame for my Mag. Even with my crappy double trigger frame and my Classic valve I never had any issues. 

I think its funny, I got a whole slew of cool guns just prior to my last game. I have a Phenom I used once, and a 3357 and Factory FA I have never used in a game. Although most places won't let me use either one, I really want to just for the sake of it. 

If I ever win the lottery or play in the NHL or something I am going to sponsor everyone to go to TWC. I really miss paintball.

And I'll bribe them to let me use my 3357/Factory FA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic