FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

France

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: France
    Posted: 25 November 2012 at 2:26pm
As I said in the other thread, we went to the South of France to the Rohne Valley for Thanksgiving.  We spent a full day wine tasting and another full day wine drinking.  The Rohne Valley is really quite beautiful, the weather is great, and the wine is spectacular.  I recommend it for sure.   And now, photos.

This is the view from our back porch overlooking the valley at dusk.  The house is owned by my friend's uncle who let us stay here while he was away.

Here is the view from the edge of the porch looking up the hillside.

Our "bird."

Here is a panorama of the valley.

Here are a bunch of wine barrels in the roman-era cellar at one of the wineries.

The back of the van after we left the last winery of the day.  We bought a lot.

I found this bottle at one of the wineries.  I was born in 1988, so I had to get it.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:35pm
Wow. Nice. Is the major haul for immediate consumption or for shipping back to the States?

24 is getting pretty old for a wine. If you do open it, don't let it breath too much you'll ruin it. The older wines oxidize VERY fast when opened.

Looks like its a great trip.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:43pm
Some of it is for drinking In the near future and some is going to be aged for a couple years. I took notes from the winemakers on their recommendations for aging. I live in Germany so most of this wont see the states, save for a couple bottles to take back as gifts next time I travel.   As for the 1988, I haven't decided if I will ever drink it or just keep it around.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 5:06pm
Ah. I wondered about that, but your location still said the 'States, so I assumed :p

We had a bottle of 21 yard old wine for my 21'st. Had another more recent vintage of the same wine, and the 21 year was sublime but the new one was pretty damn good as well.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

I haven't decided if I will ever drink it or just keep it around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dQqg6WrTOC8#t=4s

Edited by scotchyscotch - 25 November 2012 at 8:05pm
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic