FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Survived Turkey Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survived Turkey Day
    Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:02am
Well it's over, momma's 'pet' turkeys survived turkey day, and so did I.
We had the 'family' dinner with a few relatives at Cracker Barrel, don't ask, it's her family's 'Nebraska' thing, then went to the movies.

Today is built the 'goat' pens and turn the grainery into a 'goat' barn, since momma bought goats. So off to Home Depot here soon for the supplies. I keep telling her we did not buy the farm to be farmers, object of the exercise was no neighbors...............

Sunday is the total 'Nebraska' and South Dakota extended family T'Giving meal fiasco at one of momma's cousins house...oh what fun, then it's over, and I don't even have turkey scraps for the NY tradition of Turkey sandwich's will next wednesday...bummer.

Edited by oldsoldier - 23 November 2012 at 8:02am
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:34pm
5lb weight difference between wake-up and bed yesterday, and my guts are killing me. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:42pm
I survived the run up to, and the day of turkey, but might not make it through today without killing someone.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I survived the run up to, and the day of turkey, but might not make it through today without killing someone.

This.

It's crazy busy at the hospital and I locked my keys in the truck.

All on two hours' sleep.

Tongue
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 2:44pm
Had lots of family running around the house and ate myself into a food coma . . .

. . . it was a good day.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

5lb weight difference between wake-up and bed yesterday, and my guts are killing me. 

I was right about the same.

I whimpered when it came time to tie my shoes.

Success.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 4:02pm
The only time I can recall eating so much is when I split a party-sized pizza 4 ways, drank Jager, and pooped out my mouth back in college. You aren't really "full" until the food is sitting in your esophagus 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 4:56pm
I woke up from my nap and there was a priority flat-rate box on the table from PCF, I now own his NXE pack. It was also filled with the crazy-ass stickers he found in that abandoned building. Made my day!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:56pm
I deep fried my first turkey, and I will never go back to oven turkey again...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Right?

I'm having a hard time convincing the old people in my family that there are better and faster ways of cooking a turkey than jamming it in an oven for 46 hours.

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 6:05pm
Gross, I think I'll stick with a reasonably sized, well herbed turkey, only takes about 3.5hrs...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Right?

I'm having a hard time convincing the old people in my family that there are better and faster ways of cooking a turkey than jamming it in an oven for 46 hours.

43 minutes at 325 degrees for a 12lbs bird. Oh so goody good! on the not so positive side, no gravy if that is your thing.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2012 at 10:39am
Tallen send me stickers. I just spent $32 on a beer mug that must be decorated. (the $32=1 free beer a day all season)

I almost didn't survive turkey day. I was sick, at way too much pecan pie and then had to wake up at 5 am to hop on a plane back to Colorado the next day. I took NyQuil for the first time since I was probably 12
Que pasa?

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 11:25am
I spent my TG in the Rhone Valley in the South of France.  We spent the whole day driving around to different wineries tasting and buying.  I'll put up a thread later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic