FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Found some Twinkies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found some Twinkies
    Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:50am
We were coming home from farm store, momma got some goats yesterday had to stop for feed and 'stuff' for goats. Goty gas at a convienience store, went in for a coke, and two Twinkies were on the shelf, got em. With thier 'halflife' storage capability will keep em, so years from now can either eat em or bank momma's retirement on em.

I still can not believe those union idiots, we won't work for less' we prefer not to work at all, and will take the rest of you with us. Idiocy in today's economy. Even the Teamster's settled, saw the writing on the wall, but not that smaller 'bakery' union, idiots.

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:05am
So I guess "zombieland" was right...one day, twinkies will be impossible to find. Hopefully the next big thing to happen won't be Billy Murray dying.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I still can not believe those union idiots, we won't work for less' we prefer not to work at all, and will take the rest of you with us. Idiocy in today's economy. Even the Teamster's settled, saw the writing on the wall, but not that smaller 'bakery' union, idiots.

The company was in dire straits well before the recent round of negotiations with the BCTGM.

The company had gone under before -- and after the first bankruptcy, the BCTGM did negotiate a much lower pay contract in order to keep the company, and jobs, afloat. 

Shortly after, the fund-owners of the company gave the CEO a 300 percent raise, with nine other board members getting raises as well, and then the board asked the BCTGM to take a further contractual pay decrease.

The problems with Hostess have to do with a hedge fund group(s) poorly managing the finances of a company and trying to compensate by dropping worker pay multiple times. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 3:11pm
I think that someone is going to buy out the company soon. Probably Nestlé since they own everything anyway.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I think that someone is going to buy out the company soon. Probably Nestlé since they own everything anyway.

word has it a Mexican bakery corporation is already planning to buy it out. I feel like there should be a super trooper cutaway to "YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-E-CO?!"
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 4:23pm
Bimbo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic