FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have an awesome computer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have an awesome computer
    Posted: 17 November 2012 at 5:30pm
Apparently it was having problems of some kind and realizing this it took it upon itself to contact Michael* from Microsoft.  It even thought to give him my phone number so he could put it in his auto-dialer and have it call him back once I picked up the phone. 

Oddly enough, the background noise at Microsoft sounds just like a bunch of people talking in Spanish in an old warehouse with lots of echos.

I didn't really have time to talk to Michael but I'm sure if I had he would have helped with lots of other important things like making sure all my passwords were secure and verifying all my personal data to ensure I wasn't someone who had stolen my own identity.

*The accent didn't sound like it belonged to a "Michael."
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 5:35pm

Sounds like you're being targeted by Cuban drug dealers. I recommend tight pants and a convertible as a starting point, you can work way to mullet territory after you've earned your stripes Wink

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 5:37pm
Those scams are ridiculous, I've got those calls too. Fun explaining to them that OS X is not a version of Windows, no matter how much they say it is.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 5:57pm
We got one of those phone calls at our office the other day.  A pretty hilarious conversation ensued.  I figured it would be against "Microsoft's" policies for their employees to drop F-bombs, but apparently not.  Funny thing is, they broke the naughty word barrier first.

Edited by Yomillio - 17 November 2012 at 5:58pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 12:34am
I don't get those any more. I went through a stage of getting them every couple of weeks. It's always fun when the conversation goes "your computer running Windows ...."
"Sorry, my computers are running Linux."
"Uhhhh but your lap top?"
"Linux"
"..... Do you have ANY computers running Windows?"

I have, however, phoned the legitimate Microsoft company for product activation. They couldn't help me because their servers were down.

HUH?

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 18 November 2012 at 12:36am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 4:56pm
You'd be amazed at how many people bite at that scam.

The un-schooled have a tendency to be paranoid about security to the point that they believe anything someone tells them.
I just had to pull a drive from a lady's machine, back the data off, and run external scans on it that ran overnight to clean some of the infections off of it that she got from things like this and the popups that say "You're infected, click here to continue!"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic